Dramatic Much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else's Male beardie so dramatic, I changed his worms from waxworms to pheonix worms and he wants no part of it. He maybe will eat 3, small, pheonix worms per feeding. Prior to that he would eat 7 wax worms per feeding. The only reason I had him on wax worms was to raise his weight a bit. He was way to skinny for his age when I got him at the pet store. He hates being held, but loves to explore my apartment. If I try to hold him he just flattens out and gives me a look of " how dare you". He has an ugly blanket that he demands every bed time, if not he will sit in his tank all night puffed up and not sleep. No it is not cold at night in his tank I keep it a steady 70° all night. He is not even a year old and he is 10 inches long but demands a giant tennis ball that he is able to barely roll around. If not he climbs up and down my legs until I find his tennis ball. So is it all beardie that are this dramatic or just mine, I'm worried he might be picking up on traits from his sister ( a Maine coone, who is soooooo spoiled).
If your beardie is dramatic what are some storys that you can share?
full

full

full

full

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
Haha sounds like the little guy has a big ol personality. I think the worm thing is because you went from basically feeding him candy to healthy food. He's just gotta get used to them. And unfortunately I would say that he is a spoiled little guy. Sounds like you're now a beardie slave, as am I. Lol Tampico is soooo spoiled. She prefers to fall asleep on my chest most nights. She has her own princess bed and a cat tower (I want her to exercise when it's cold out). Most days she just sits at the top and stares out the window longingly. Whenever she's going crazy in her tank I open the door and let her rule the house. There is nowhere she won't go so I've had to beardie proof many places. Right now she's brumating and even then, I have her blanky around her.

Pictures of her spoiledness:
101206-5056222561.jpg
101206-8778960872.jpg

Deabrua

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Dezzy is 5yo 18" F, Percy is 8yo 19" M
Im disappointed that I got such a docile dragon lol... I wanna be a beardy slave :( mine just poops in the food dish if her greens havent been replaced pronto. Also she has an affinity for jumping off of things, so she's been grounded. Literally lol

Hammie2496

Original Poster
Lol your dragons sound adorable!! I wish mine was a little more calmer and it's also good to know that they can use a cat tree. I have been so worried about him falling so I don't let him go on it. Just now he refused to eat his veggies because I forgot it was a calcium day ?.

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
Hammie2496":3rcrw6hc said:
and it's also good to know that they can use a cat tree. I have been so worried about him falling so I don't let him go on it.

When I asked Tampi's vet about the car tree, she said to make sure there is something soft under in case she decides to jump off. Tamp pretty much rules the house when she's out of her tank and I can't complain that she loves exploring. They're curious little things.

Deabrua":3rcrw6hc said:
Im disappointed that I got such a docile dragon lol... I wanna be a beardy slave :(

This cracks me up ? You don't realize you're a slave until it's too late. Lol Then you're stuck doing everything, that you probably don't realize, for them and really, it's pretty damn rewarding. Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom