front leg weak, now back leg weak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great news! It does seem that she is feeling better & if she is stretching out her beard
I agree it is a good sign indeed.
Which MVB brand did you order? At least she is using her leg a little more. Hopefully it is
healing up though. That sounds perfect to cycle the halogen off & on during the day. As long
as the temperatures remain pretty stable then that should be fine.
I'm happy to hear she went after her food today. I hope she continues to improve! They are
very resilient & can surprise us all with their recovery.

Keep us posted on her.

Tracie

BeardieKat

Original Poster
Update: She seemed to be getting better...uses all limbs, BUT NOW really NOT active..will not move to go get a worm. Just won't eat anything on her own.
Went from 78 grams to 76.....and now 4 days later down to 72 grams!

So been giving her the Oxbox with a few drops of liquid Calcium, every other day or 3rd day.
Gave some baby food squash with a little calcium a few times per week.
She won't eat a thing on her own...no greens, no squash, no supers, no Reptiworms.
I got a mouthful of Reptiworms in her last week, and yesterday.

Got 100w ceramic heat emitter that keeps tank at about 76-77 at night.
Daytime basking area is 92-94.

But yesterday I noticed she was becoming obtunded, doesn't keep eyes open, doesn't stretch her beard, moves much less than before.....and for 2-3 days she's had 3-5 mostly semi liquid BM per day...AND THEY ALWAYS HAVE SOME RED BLOOD IN THEM, KIND OF DILUTED OUT. She never went that much before, and only had blood evident when she had the prolapses and would rub against rock trying to get guts back inside, and would leave a bloody smear on rock. Now, she'll just sit in her waste... never did that before.
More obtunded today.
Been watching her for signs of dehydration, dripping water on nose 3x/day. She used to always drink that way, now she's only doing it a little bit. So today she looked smaller visually, and sure enough down 4 grams.

Her head is getting ready to shed, which I thought was a good sign since she hasn't shed anything for at least 5 weeks! I know some are real miserable during shed, so I'm hoping that's why she's acting this way (eyes closed)....but the blood can't be related to that.
:(
Thoughts?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well, that is good news to hear the legs started working so much better!
The basking spot temperatures should be increased slightly, to around 95-100 or so,
which could help out her digestion. I would recommend getting a fecal done on her to
see if she has worms or parasites that could be causing intestinal issues & some blood.
Can she still support her body weight on all fours & get around?
Shedding will cause some decrease of appetite but really should cause that type of
weight loss or behavior though.
It sounds like she does not feel well. Is her beard blackened?

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

BeardieKat

Original Poster
:( She's getting worse. Now her eyes are getting sunken, and the area above eyes on head is now sunken. I've been giving her liquid but it seems it's mostly passing through and not being absorbed, so she's very dehydrated.
I added another halogen bulb yesterday, got it up to 100.
I tried to give some water, and her mouth was filled with beige liquid. I turned her upside down and it ran out.
Surprisingly, she did a little head bob this morning, and did it last night too. She's never done that. Wonder if that means she wants me to leave her alone. I think I'll go give her a bath.

BeardieKat

Original Poster
Now I'm just trying to make her comfortable, keeping her nice and warm. Looks like the end is coming...... I can't see any breathing and occassionally she gives out a big gasp. So sad.......:(
Thank you so very much for all the input.

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry to hear she's had such a drastic decline. From your description, it sounds like something is going on internally, as was mentioned (i.e. worms, parasites). If she is hanging in and there is hope for recovery, I think you would need a vet's diagnosis. Otherwise, keep doing your best to make her comfortable. Also, if she's consistently showing a black beard and just seems generally miserable, it may be kinder to consider taking her to the vet to be euthanized. I think we each learn to read our pet's emotional and physical state, so you'd know best what's the right course of action. I wish you and your sweet baby all the best.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh this is horrible news for you both. I don't know what could be going on but it sounds
like renal issues or liver, most likely. If her breathing is that erratic then there isn't a whole
lot left you can do except for making her comfortable.
That is entirely up to you, as to whether you hold her to comfort her at home, or, euthanize
her. Many choose to have them pass with them, at home. It greatly depends on how bad
the suffering is, etc. It doesn't sound like though, that she has much time left. :cry:
It is the worst feeling in the world, losing one. I'm sorry she is not doing well.
Keep us posted on her.

Tracie

BeardieKat

Original Poster
She died about 20 mins after I wrote that post. It was quick. So confusing as she was perking up and seemed to be doing better.
Thanks for your kind words and thoughts. Such a great group!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom