Best diet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lfraley

Our family just got a 6 month old beardie. Trying to figure out what the best daily/weekly diet for him. Like how many mealworms/crickets should get a day, how many tablespoons of chopped fruit/veggies a day. There is so much conflicting info online.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there ! I replied on your intro thread, pics will help determine a lot about his diet because a lot will depend on his size. Some dragons are huge at 6 months, others are still quite small. Normally you'd feed him 2-3 X a day but it's not set in stone. I raised beardies for many years and there's a lot of leeway once they're past the 13" mark.

Crickets, roaches bsfl are all good staples, mealworms not so much [ just a few per day at most ] Superworms in small amounts once they're past 12-13 " [ smaller superworms ] Crickets + roaches should be no longer than the space between a dragon's eyes + can be fed twice a day, pretty much as many as the dragon wants to eat in a 5 minute time period. Greens like turnip, mustard, collard , kale , endive, dandelion. green leaf clover can be fed any time in any amount, some dragons love them, some eat just a few bites.

Post some pics of Thorny [ full body ] to show his size and also his entire tank + set up. What type of lights are you using ? That's very important too.

Lfraley

Original Poster
102940-4622703581.jpg
102940-7239741436.jpg
102940-3830024586.jpg
102940-5841043601.jpg

Lights are zoo med. I plan on getting better ones soon, but this was what I could get when we got him. We weren't exactly expecting him at the time. My son had been doing a lot looking around at lizzard and then one day his support worker called and said "hey guess what I got him a baby dragon, I'm bringing him tomorrow." He came with the tank, base and decor. It came from another family because the kid who had it there wasn't taking of him. We love him though and will do our very best to give him a great home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexreynolds
Top Bottom