Greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lfraley

Hi everyone! My family recently received a new family member, who my son promptly named Thorny. We were told he was about 6 months old. This is our first reptile so we are all very new to this. I have soooooo many questions, like what is a good daily/weekly diet for his age, best substairght to use? How can you tell if he is getting enough water? All those kinds of things, so I am glad join a beardie community so I can make sure we can give him the best care for a long healthy and happy life.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, welcome Thorny to the best b.d. forum on the internet. :) There are lots of helpful people here to give tips on all aspects of care. Pictures are always very helpful, tells a lot right away. Post some good body shots of Thorny + also of his entire tank including the lights. Here's how :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Set up looks very good and so does Thorny. :) One thing to be aware about is that dragons often try to eat fake plants, so as nice as they look they can be a hazard.

I don't see a uvb light. They need a long tube , a brand like Reptisun 10.0 t5 or Arcadia D3 12 -14 % . These are long, slim bulbs, anywhere from 18 " to 36 " to go over the top of the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom