Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I been worried about mu bearded dragon lately she been not eatting and sleeping more she not loseing any weight is this normal during the winter all her temps are correct she 1 yr old just turned

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Sounds like brumation--- if shes not losing weight thats good - just keep offering her greens etc

Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hiccup went into a semi brumation meaning he did A LOT of sleeping not deep sleep but real lazy came out to eat every couple of days etc.... just keep an eye on her if shes eating and pooping every couple of days thats good - as long as she is of healthy weight and not losing weight she will be fine- her metabolism has slowed down is my guess-- if you are real concerned you can always take her into the vet.
Karrie

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
Mine has been brumating since Nov, and there are times like now when he's dead to the world, and others when his eyes are open a little. He also has come out for a day or two and even taken a little food & water. As others have mentioned, just keep an eye on weight & check on him occasionally to make sure he's not showing any signs of distress. They know what they're doing, or so I've been assured by more senior posters :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom