Always poops when out of cage!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludo1299

Hi everyone I have a beardie who is about 7-8 months old. I got him in October of 2018 and I love to hold him! The only problem is I’ll wait for him to poop in his viv before getting him out and then as soon as he’s out and sitting in a chair on a towel or any smooth surface he squeezes out anything left in his body. I’ve seen people that can just sit and watch TV with their beardie but mine will only poop! Idk what to do please help me if you have any advice! Thank you!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
He's smart … he holding on until out so he doesn't stink out his tank.

Keep a spray bottle of ready made up F10 handy , and watch him , moment he lifts his bum and tail dash over and slip some absorbant paper toweling under him to poo on = makes for very easy clean up.
If he is too fast for you, pick up the poo with some dry paper towel and spot clean with a damp paper towel and then spray the spot with F10 (1:250 in water) and let air dry.

My boy will not go in his tank! Really if you think about it would you want to poop where you eat and sleep. I trained my beardie to potty on the tile floor, either in the bathroom or kitchen.

joea

Hatchling Member
Kirbi<3 trained us to give her a warm bath do her business ? We still have the same beardie since joining way back when. This site helped us tons.
I haven't posted in years But the other day I searched "can bearded dragons eat stinging nettles" read a few articles then clicked images & walla there's Kirbi in the garden! ?

Mushy

Muushu always does this. He knows it stinks, every time he goes he runs away from it haha! He never goes in his viv he always waits until he's nice and comfy and then the butt lifts haha. But yeah that's completely normal behaviour. I'm pretty much used to it at this point and always keep some tissue paper close by. Such a sneaky dragon :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom