Newbie in training 101

Status
Not open for further replies.

Landlsmom

Original Poster
AHBD, thank you! Appreciate you and your info. I didn't stress too much about it at first until I read I wasn't giving the multivitamin. Then I was like oh poop. I'll be grabbing some Herptivite today and will give it to Mushu this weekend. That'll be 5 days this week I've dusted w/the Calcium powder, then Sat/Sun I'll do the Multi. I was dusting each meal for a couple days this week however after further research I learned one feeding a day and lightly. Not like a powdered donut :lol: :shock:

Mushu seems to be more active yesterday and today. She (he?) had a bath last night. I took a spoon and gently poured water over her back and neck. She closed her eyes and seems to like it. That seems to be a sign to us that she likes what we do. She'll close her eyes and appears to be in "Awe that feels good" mood. Then I wrapped her up in a towel and put her back under her basking lamp. She had just ate prior to her bath so I figured the bath and then basking would stimulate a bowel movement. Well it must have helped because this am when I turned her lamps back on I noticed she had poo'd. It was long (worm like) and a nice color green with white at the end. Looked wet & shiny. I looked up dragon poo and what's healthy. From what I read it was a healthy looking poo. :lol: I would have taken a picture to reference but figured you all wouldn't want to see my beardies poo. LOL..... However I see a lot of poo pictures so it might have just been fine. :D

Landlsmom

Original Poster
Just when things seem to be going great Mushu seemed extremely irritated last night. Yesterday morning she only ate 2 crickets. After 20 minutes or so we had to leave for the day. When we got home we went to check on her and prepare her next meal. She didn't want anything to do with any of us. While holding her my hand with my fingers curled up like a cradle somewhat. She charged my fingers hitting them with her head. It startled me and I was surprised I didn't drop her. Once we had everything out of her cage we put her back in with a few crickets. Mushu only ate 4. We left her with the crickets for about 20 min again however she didn't eat any more. Yesterday she had a total of 6 crickets. Even though she is offered greens she has yet to touch them. The salad I prepared was Collard Greens, Red Cabbage, yellow and red sweet bell peppers and a dash of sweet snap peas. We change the greens out daily and replace with the fresh greens each meal. This morning she only ate 2 crickets and no veggies. After the 2 she ate there were 8 additional in her cage. We left her with them for a good 20 minutes. She seems irritated by them. They would get close to her and she would move away. We remove everything out of her cage to avoid the crickets hiding and easy access for her. We've done this for the past 4 days.

She hasn't been a huge eater since we brought her home a week ago. I know it's been mentioned to offer greens but at this time given she is so young not to worry too much that she isn't eating them. Right now protein is the main focus. I just don't feel like she is getting enough protein. I have a digital Laser Infrared Thermometer, 550 Non-contact Temperature Gun with Range of -58℉~1022℉. I checked the temperatures in the cage and basking side was 101 and cool side was 76-80. The uvb lighting is direct and within 6-12" it's a 10 gal tank so the height isn't too tall.

I'm not sure whats wrong. Should I be worried? At least shes eating its just not a lot.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Is she starting to shed by chance ? They can get cranky because it's a bit uncomfortable for them. And are the crickets still on the large side or have the smaller ones arrived ? Is she pooing ?

Landlsmom

Original Poster
Hi AHBD - Hope your having a fantastic day. She poo’d yest. It was worm like, green and white. Glossy looked like a good poo ? I have not notice shedding. I left work to run home & check on her. She was basking as usual ;) She ate 2 more crickets. The crickets are small to medium however not large. They are prob about 1/2”. Medium I’d say. I’m scared to give her anything too big.

I’ve notice she keeps charging the glass. She can see her reflection. On Sunday I put up black paper on the back & sides. I noticed today she can see her reflection. Do you think she’s charging the glass bcuz she thinks it’s another dragon? I say she watch her be a male ?

TommyDirten

Hello :)

I am happy to read that you're doing so much research on bearded dragons, to give your beardie the best home that it could possibly get. A process that any future dragon owner should go through. :)

I was going to say that you could include a background in the back of his or her tank. But then I found out there is a second page of replies and I've read that you already covered the sides :)

Anyway, I hope he's doing good and you're not handfeeding him too much. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom