Turn your Back? Cat Attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
He's a beautiful leatherback ! I'd get some raw honey on the tail + no bathing unless it's in a betadine solution. See about the vet ASAP though, better safe than sorry .

SwervesBar

Original Poster
AHBD":3mdsk9y0 said:
He's a beautiful leatherback ! I'd get some raw honey on the tail + no bathing unless it's in a betadine solution. See about the vet ASAP though, better safe than sorry .

Thanks! He's quite the boy <3

I'm assuming no bathing because it might get unwanted bacteria in the wound? Would running under water still be ok?

I get to work a 15 hour shift tomorrow so I'm going to have to call them at work.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That sounds good, it will hopefully heal up well. He is a very handsome dragon, indeed!
Yes, too much bathing can invite bacteria on open wounds. If you need to clean him, you
can use running water, sure, or try wet ones also.
Let us know how he is doing!

Tracie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko

SwervesBar

Original Poster
Drache613":wuhfexuu said:
Hello,

That sounds good, it will hopefully heal up well. He is a very handsome dragon, indeed!
Yes, too much bathing can invite bacteria on open wounds. If you need to clean him, you
can use running water, sure, or try wet ones also.
Let us know how he is doing!

Tracie

Hey !! Just wanted to post a hopefully final update!!!!
It's day 3 from being attacked and his wounds are scabbed and look to be healing up really nice! Granted it's harder to tell on his tail thanks to his shed. No discoloration in his tail and he's using it just like normal!

Here's his most recent pics., Let me know if this is looking like a good start to a road of recovery or if there are any other concerns!!! I really appreciate the support and advice, it's been a big help!

Claw to the back of head:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/532403464387690498/535925954749530143/20190118_144843.jpg

This was just after running him under warm water;
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/532403464387690498/535926487849762855/20190118_144827.jpg

I tried to take this chemical-free for now, but if it did/or does, get any worse obviously medication is in line with one of 2 reptile vets I found nearby.

Thank you guys!!! Pancake sends his love!!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That sounds promising he is active & using his tail some also. I hope all of his shed comes off
without any issues too. Has he eaten anything?
Definitely more pictures would be good!

Tracie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Sounds good, hopefully everything will heal up just fine. :) I would still advise using watered down raw honey on the tail , since he's shedding you don't want any part to linger + cause restricted blood flow. The honey will lubricate + act as a barrier to bacteria.

SwervesBar

Original Poster
krba201076":2dldv8kj said:
I am so sorry about Pancake. I don't blame you...sometimes things just happen and they happen fast.

Yeah-- but you know, accidents happen-- and we can learn from our mistakes!!

He is all scabbed up and healthy again, and his tail is shedding now!

A mistake I've definitely learned a TON from lol! And there are so many people willing to help on this site with a ton of good information. All the love and advice has really helped my Pancake get better!!! He's asleep right now otherwise I'd sneakily snap a pic :3c

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
I'm so glad Pancake is going to be all right!

Is it correct to say that there were no puncture/fang wounds, just surface claw injuries (as far as you can tell)? From having owned cats & inevitably receiving both types of damage myself, I know that bites are normally a lot more serious from an infection and crushing/tearing perspective. That might make a difference in both the immediate and longer-term treatment recommendations judging from this outcome.

SwervesBar

Original Poster
Aaradimian":1y9h3ifw said:
I'm so glad Pancake is going to be all right!

Is it correct to say that there were no puncture/fang wounds, just surface claw injuries (as far as you can tell)? From having owned cats & inevitably receiving both types of damage myself, I know that bites are normally a lot more serious from an infection and crushing/tearing perspective. That might make a difference in both the immediate and longer-term treatment recommendations judging from this outcome.

As far as I can see, he was never bit! But in the picture he had deep claw gashes on his tail. He also had a deep gash on his cheek next to his eye, I think my cat was testing him out.

So, Pancake is enjoying being cuddled as a spoiled baby.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/288890168797036544/537337767110246411/20190122_122325.jpg

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
SwervesBar":1gc022m1 said:
So, Pancake is enjoying being cuddled as a spoiled baby.

Awww! Totally jealous. Mine's brumating, so no cuddle time with him for a while now. Luckily, we have 2, so I'm not in complete withdrawal yet :D

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great news your dragon is doing so well now & is healing up! So she is eating well
& basking normally?
When you can, definitely post new pictures of her.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom