Seeking information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuti3pi37

Hello,
I’m new to the bd forums. So hopefully topics are put in right place.
Had a question I currently use the reptisun 10. But wanted to switch to the t5-ho fixture and the bulbs are different. Are they the same or should I avoid it. I know caution with uvb and hurting the reptiles eyes. One of the reason I’m checking before I buy the fixture.
Currently having a new addition to my little family. Pet Cuban rock iguana juvenile but have to wait on warmer weather for safe overnight shipping. So getting prepared with the week or 2 I have before he’s shipped. But anyway I need another fixture. Can’t do much with the one I have mounted inside the tank. So new one would be for my bearded dragon male of 6 years.

Then have another question. Just posting it here so I don’t have to open another topic. My bearded dragon seems to be having problems. I took him to the vet with eating and weight loss. Tested a stool and he has coccidia and third time he gotten this in pass 5 years I had him. They gave meds for ten days and went back as usual and he was cleared. I don’t know a reptile can get this parasite/bacteria. I keep his tank clean with mostly soap and water with everything every two weeks.
Just don’t know a good way to clean basking branch’s grapevine. Seems to be where he likes going number 2 and is a pain to clean. If any advice on cleaning these branch’s would be appreciated.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
The t5 10.0 is a great UVB for a Dragon.....do it!!!!

You can Bake the log at 200 for 45 minutes to kill parasites. Let it cool before returning it, LOL!!!

Cuti3pi37

Original Poster
Gormagon":3hp75ocg said:
The t5 10.0 is a great UVB for a Dragon.....do it!!!!

You can Bake the log at 200 for 45 minutes to kill parasites. Let it cool before returning it, LOL!!!

Thanks I’ll get the fixture ASAP. Just figuring out the dimensions different then the one am using. Didn’t think you could bake them with fire hazard thanks for the info very appreciated.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The Reptisun 10T5 or Arcadia D3 12% or 14% T5 tube bulbs either one are very good. I highly
recommend going to one of them for very good UVB exposure.
They usually have very low levels of coccidia in their natural gut flora but sometimes the levels
tend to get out of control. If they have stress from being ill, or their environment, etc the levels can
get too high which affects their overall health.
He is cleared of coccidia now?

Tracie

Cuti3pi37

Original Poster
Drache613":eqm8gata said:
Hello,

The Reptisun 10T5 or Arcadia D3 12% or 14% T5 tube bulbs either one are very good. I highly
recommend going to one of them for very good UVB exposure.
They usually have very low levels of coccidia in their natural gut flora but sometimes the levels
tend to get out of control. If they have stress from being ill, or their environment, etc the levels can
get too high which affects their overall health.
He is cleared of coccidia now?

Tracie

Never heard of the Arcadia d3 must be out of country type. Made the order for the reptisun 10 t5-ho fixture and the tube reptisun 10 of course. Thank you for the information. He’s currently in a 40gal breeder 18” 18” 36” exo terra enclosure. Very simple basking area with branch and rock on the cool end. Don’t use repti carpet very hard to clean. I use the easy liner with no holes. Just simple sand color sheet. Using reptisun 10 24 inch bulb mounted inside the enclosure. Mounted to the left with basking bulb of 100 watt. Temps are 96-100 96 currently with lower temps in house with winter. Cool end is 76-78 don’t like it but best I can do with current lighting. I feed greens 70% daily with snow peas as staple. Mango once a week and superworms twice a week. Greens are dandelion turnip and collard mostly. I use calcium with d3 once a week and calcium without d3 every thing that’s feed. Herpivite once a week also with calcium with d3. Hasn’t shed recently and stools are brown and white. Was on albon and currently cleared of the coccidia. I had to use squash and chicken baby food with the meds. But started to eat on his own again. Just small amounts of greens and usually will eat a lot of superworms. Seems his Appetite has decreased. If he doesn’t eat for 2-3 days then back to baby food as the vet requested. Recommended to give baths for 20 mins every other day. He was slightly dehydrated his last vet visit. Pedialite helped with that. Was fine on checkup visit. Just seems his age is affecting his health lately.
Hoping he overcomes this. Doesn’t seem to want to climb to bask and doesn’t stratch at the glass anymore. Mostly just sits under the light and sleeps. With that vet hasn’t helped much because nothing they have found wrong. Blood test is next if no improvements by end of this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom