Septic Arthritis. LAST UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is really good news though, I'm glad to hear there is no infection then & it was just a cyst. I
hope the foot heals quickly, poor girl! She has had the worst luck.
Keep us updated on her.

Tracie

bayoupig5

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Final Update for this post.

Littlefoot had her last check up (fingers crossed) yesterday. The front right foot that had the cyst removal healed remarkably fast and well. There is no sign of any hole left over after the minor surgery. It is not infected and looks really good and is back to normal size. There is still of course scabbing, and I am swabbing that with Flamazine once daily and keeping her viv as always really clean. But this healing has given me assurance that her immune system actually works and works very well, which I was very concerned about. Mind you she was still on Ceft during this.

As for the septic arthritis, no changes have been observed, that is from the last check up in December, things are stable. Her ankle is a little deformed from the whole incident, and it is definitely bigger that the other one, but after all the Ceft injections and the healing process it has not changed in size. The vet does not feel this is an active infection or anything, as on the last x-ray all the bones were fused back together. So this is likely soft tissue changes/damage that was done by the infection process itself. This is a deformity that is life long.

The vet is really happy at the overall result from this staph septic arthritis, but she does still remain somewhat guarded as she says recurrence can be high. I was not aware that this could happen again or that is was likely to happen again. Especially as this was not the bacteria that she was thinking it could be. Anyway, Littlefoot has been cleared to finally stop the Ceft. injections, and I am to watch very closely for any changes, in case it does flare up again (I really hope not). So I have rigged a pipe cleaner measure. I have measured the largest part of her ankle with pipe cleaner and marked it, and will wrap this around her ankle weekly to ensure it is not swelling again. I don't think I would see subtle changes as well, given that it is swollen anyway.

I am a little worried about stopping the injections and recurrence, but am hoping with all my might that she is going to be ok. Time will tell I guess.

Final pictures of the end result. Left ankle is the one that had septic arthritis.

full

full

full

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
I am so happy to hear this!!! I have kept up with this thread but, I was always afraid of what would be in it. I am very happy for you my friend, may you have many happy days ahead!!!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so happy to hear of the progress right now, that is extremely promising indeed! I am sure
that you are pleased also. :D
I agree, just keep a close eye on the ankle & hopefully the infection is gone & wont reoccur at
all. I know you are both glad not to be doing any injections right now, too.
That is terrific the bones were healed up also. Her immune system must be working pretty well
right now.
Keep us updated on her & we all hope that she will continue to be healthy for you.

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

We are all so happy things seem to be looking up! :D
Feel free to keep us updated on everything.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom