Blankets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deabrua

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Dezzy is 5yo 18" F, Percy is 8yo 19" M
They say blankets are bad for cold blooded animals since they're meant to reflect the heat that a body produces and cold blooded animals dont produce any heat. So why does my dragon, and I assume others as well, run absolutely wild when they dont have a blanket to be under? Or in the case of mine socks, blankets, shirts, pants, hats, and if she can them she WILL try to hide under your body all together lol ... but otherwise just goes for the materials.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Blankets aren't bad for them, they just aren't as effective since a dragon doesn't produce much heat the way we do. A blanket still provides insulation and I think more importantly in their case it simulates a burrow and provides them with a feeling of security. My dragon loves his fleece blankets.

Deabrua

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ill have to find something small for her then. Im not around when her lights go off/on though so I cant leave it in the tank during just lights out. She can enjoy outside though.

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
I cut up a fleece blanket in pieces, 18” squares. I draped some on the hammock & put some under it. Mystic now has a great blanket cave which he loves to snuggle in. He’s been in there for 3 days now.

Peach

Hatchling Member
This is what I did too. I got a fleece blanket from the baby department that is super soft and cut it into smaller pieces. It's folded in half in the bottom so it doesn't take up too much floor space but it's his favorite place to be.

Deabrua

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Peach":2b25h41h said:
This is what I did too. I got a fleece blanket from the baby department that is super soft and cut it into smaller pieces. It's folded in half in the bottom so it doesn't take up too much floor space but it's his favorite place to be.

Yup, thats what Im planning to do. Just needa find a lil money to spare since Im tight on expenses after crickets and greens at the moment :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom