Supplements advice please!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiya,

I recently rescued 4 year old Spike from my 15 year old nephew (yes I know!! Never buy pets as presents for kids! I had nothing to do with it!!!)

I knew someone who rescued beardies years ago and I've heard all sorts of stories where they haven't been given the right food/supplements and the long term effect it can have so I'm concerned about Spike.

For starters, as a adult male he's VERY small! In fact he's small for any beardie! When I asked what they fed him I was told hoppers and rocket! ? So I've started to slowly introduce different things and I'm dusting everything in herpitivite but is there anything elses anyone can recommend and what should I keep and eye out for/be concerned about?

Thanks!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The live bugs should be dusted with a calcium supplement powder. Offer a variety of veges but those don't need to be supplemented as they are already nutrient rich. Try things like rocket, kale, bok choy, other dark leafy greens, along with chopped squash of various kinds, green beans, etc. As an adult he will need mainly veges but it may take a while to get him used to that diet if he hasn't been eating well up until now so be patient with it. Just the live bugs need supplementation though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom