Nona not pooping...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinsMom33

Hatchling Member
Hi all - Nona hasn't pooped in a couple of days - I was out of town for a few days on business and had my niece who always sits for the cats and dragons here - she's well trained on Nona's needs and loves her very much. But Nona hasn't pooped in a couple of days (alright, yesterday a tiny poo with a small urate -like the size of a M&M but barely nothing).
She was so hyper yesterday, she ran around for hours (outside the tank) - probably because she was in a all day Monday and didn't get to run around. I know she ate Monday and she ate a bit yesterday. Just a couple of bites of food today though. And she slept most of the day today - no hyper-ness at all - I bathed her yesterday and today. Massaged her belly etc. I don't "feel" an impaction - but then again - what does that feel like?. All she's eaten over the past few days is a few superworms and her usual greens and veggies.
Any advise would be great. - Thanks

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
A couple of days usually isn't a big deal. Since she's active she is probably fine. Impaction shouldn't be a big concern at this point.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, I wouldn't worry about a few days. They have been known to go for awhile before
they pass things through!
You can just give extra oral fluids to try & hydrate her a little bit. Since she has been active
that is definitely a good sign.

Tracie

KevinsMom33

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
after about 2 weeks of small random poops - and what looks like some serious straining and struggling sometimes - Nona FINALLY had a serious respectable poop!! Even though her activity level was great and she was running all over the place (bless her little dragon heart) she was not eating well and definitely not pooping .... I’m sure she feels so much better!!! Yea!!! I feel like having a poop party!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom