Crickets and alternatives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finnhall1

I hate crickets, they always escape and its very frustrating, im a young beardie owner and live with my parents, so they wont allow any dubia roaches, i have a baby beardie maybe 11 weeks max, hes 6 1/2 inches long and 24 ish grams, what can i feed him as an alternate?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The dubias are a much better alternative and do not escape- they dont climb and are way less maintenance- a 10 gal aquarium is a great place to house them - food is cheap - and do not stink! They are not a cock roach like your parents are thinking I am guessing- another alternative is Blow Fly Soldier Larva also known as Nutri Grubs but they are very small and you would have to feed him/ her alot- they are high in calcium and do not need to be dusted like your crickets and dubias- maybe some others here have some ideas- other than that the dubias are a better feeder for your dragon! I was not hip to the idea of roaches either but after trying them they are way better and would not go back to crickets now!
Karrie

leo2526

Finnhall1":1eshd0kk said:
I hate crickets, they always escape and its very frustrating, im a young beardie owner and live with my parents, so they wont allow any dubia roaches, i have a baby beardie maybe 11 weeks max, hes 6 1/2 inches long and 24 ish grams, what can i feed him as an alternate?

Try dubias i hd the same idea because of the word roach and did not want to try them but finally gave it a shot and should have done it sooner. They are not regular house roaches, they do not stink or jump and easy to care for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom