Beardie suddenly extremely stressed - can’t figure out why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve had my bearded dragon - Pip - for around 4 and a half months, she’s roughly 7/8 months old and has been a very typical laid back beardie for that duration. She is still nervous about being taken out of her viv and will try and run away when I try and take her out but once I get a hold of her and sit with her for a while she’s absolutely fine and will be perfectly happy. For the past two days she has just been going crazy!! She’s in the middle of a shed so I thought that could be it but she won’t stop glass surfing and running about like mad! I’ve cleaned the viv, put more water in, put more bugs a veg in and given her a bath! Plus I’ve had her out to explore many times as I thought she wanted out but no matter what I do she will not calm down. Ive checked temperatures and UV and they are all normal. I’ve never had any problems like this with her before and I’m worried but there are no obvious stress marks or signs of ill health? I don’t know if I’m being paranoid as a new beardie mum or if something’s upset her - although I can’t think of anything that’s changed the past two days to make her act this way. Someone please help! Or if you’re beardie has phases like this let me know, seriously weirded out! Thanks

*edit* since posting this I tried to take her out the viv for a bath and she puffed up and very almost bit me!! She has never done anything like that to me before, ive only seen her do it once when she was investigating my mirror and saw her reflection! I got such a fright it’s so out of character for her someone help ASAP!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's possible the shed has her worked up a bit. That can cause them to be moody and affect their appetites. Sometimes they just go through very active phases like this as well. It's not likely a sign of illness but rather just a phase that will pass. I'd continue to let her out to run around unless she keeps acting defensive around you in which case I'd leave her alone for a bit.

christiepops22

Original Poster
CooperDragon":2hn6a1lj said:
It's possible the shed has her worked up a bit. That can cause them to be moody and affect their appetites. Sometimes they just go through very active phases like this as well. It's not likely a sign of illness but rather just a phase that will pass. I'd continue to let her out to run around unless she keeps acting defensive around you in which case I'd leave her alone for a bit.
Thanks, I’ll give that a go and wait it out a bit to see if she bounces back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom