Zelda vs. No Parking Sign

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my previous beardie, whom we had to give away a couple of years ago, was usually pretty laid back. Never got upset about anything, with one notable exception.

I would take her for walks around town during the summer, with her either walking on a lizard leash (which is still hilarious to me), or perched on my shoulder. On my usual route, we would pass by a No Parking sign. And without fail, when Zelda saw that sign, she would flare out her beard and hiss at the thing. Within moments of passing it she would calm down. Also, it was the only sign that ever bothered her.

The only thing I can think of is that she either didn’t like the red in the lettering, as I think I remember reading that beardies don’t like the color red (?), or maybe it was the sun glaring off the sign. But I like to think it was just her inner anarchist sticking it to the government and its petty parking laws.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Lol! That's a good story. I do wonder what set her off. They have interesting personalities and quirks like that.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
DungeonMan":6ffb2ai0 said:
So my previous beardie, whom we had to give away a couple of years ago, was usually pretty laid back. Never got upset about anything, with one notable exception.

I would take her for walks around town during the summer, with her either walking on a lizard leash (which is still hilarious to me), or perched on my shoulder. On my usual route, we would pass by a No Parking sign. And without fail, when Zelda saw that sign, she would flare out her beard and hiss at the thing. Within moments of passing it she would calm down. Also, it was the only sign that ever bothered her.

The only thing I can think of is that she either didn’t like the red in the lettering, as I think I remember reading that beardies don’t like the color red (?), or maybe it was the sun glaring off the sign. But I like to think it was just her inner anarchist sticking it to the government and its petty parking laws.
LOL! That is hilarious! It probably was the sun glaring on it or something but Perhaps the dragon's anarchy was showing. :lol: ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom