Zelda vs. No Parking Sign

This forum is specifically for people who want to share day-to-day stories about their beardies... the weird or fun stuff. This is not a forum for seeking help, but more just for sharing the cuteness that is your beardie.

Zelda vs. No Parking Sign

Postby DungeonMan » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:55 am

So my previous beardie, whom we had to give away a couple of years ago, was usually pretty laid back. Never got upset about anything, with one notable exception.

I would take her for walks around town during the summer, with her either walking on a lizard leash (which is still hilarious to me), or perched on my shoulder. On my usual route, we would pass by a No Parking sign. And without fail, when Zelda saw that sign, she would flare out her beard and hiss at the thing. Within moments of passing it she would calm down. Also, it was the only sign that ever bothered her.

The only thing I can think of is that she either didn’t like the red in the lettering, as I think I remember reading that beardies don’t like the color red (?), or maybe it was the sun glaring off the sign. But I like to think it was just her inner anarchist sticking it to the government and its petty parking laws.
DungeonMan
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Zelda vs. No Parking Sign

Postby CooperDragon » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:57 pm

Lol! That's a good story. I do wonder what set her off. They have interesting personalities and quirks like that.
CooperDragon

Re: Zelda vs. No Parking Sign

Postby HippieLizards » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:48 pm

DungeonMan wrote:So my previous beardie, whom we had to give away a couple of years ago, was usually pretty laid back. Never got upset about anything, with one notable exception.

I would take her for walks around town during the summer, with her either walking on a lizard leash (which is still hilarious to me), or perched on my shoulder. On my usual route, we would pass by a No Parking sign. And without fail, when Zelda saw that sign, she would flare out her beard and hiss at the thing. Within moments of passing it she would calm down. Also, it was the only sign that ever bothered her.

The only thing I can think of is that she either didn’t like the red in the lettering, as I think I remember reading that beardies don’t like the color red (?), or maybe it was the sun glaring off the sign. But I like to think it was just her inner anarchist sticking it to the government and its petty parking laws.
LOL! That is hilarious! It probably was the sun glaring on it or something but Perhaps the dragon's anarchy was showing. :lol: 🤣😂
Slave to Four Beardies, one Crested gecko, one leopard gecko, a Ball Python, two Betta fish, and a Cat. (R.I.P Thor & Cisco, You two will always be in our hearts).[Click image to enlarge]
HippieLizards
Sub-Adult Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Beardie Tales