Beardie with MBD? Head shakes. Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She is a very pretty girl ! I see that she's a trans., when these were first produced there were a lot of health problems with them. That doesn't mean it's the cause of HER problems but if she was inbred it could definitely be a part. Is your other dragon a transluscent ?

As for her appetite, she is a very hefty girl and once they reach a certain size they can go off food any time, it's normal. So that also may or may not be related to her problem but I wouldn't worry about that at the moment. Since you do want to get vitamin + calcium in her you can try getting some baby food sweet potato or a bit of applesauce or raw honey to mix a pinch in, along with just a bit of extra water. That way she'll get her supplements as well as keep her hydrated [ Her poo is fine, just a bit dehydrated ] Offer extra water with a syringe, dripping it on her nose but also in this mix that I mentioned.

Cinder's face is just shedding, they do shed in odd ways. I took this pic of one of my guys a while back, looks like he has a milk mustache :
https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/30008/full

CindersTale

Original Poster
My other guy isnt translucent, hes just a classic normal colored beardie (Though he acts like hes hot stuff). I'll try all of that thanks again :) Hopefully Cinder will show improvement in the next few weeks.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing tonight?
I agree, the shedding can really cause them some grief! She is very pretty, indeed.
They definitely don't eat as much when they are adults though. She does appear a bit
dehydrated if her urates were chalky possibly. As suggested, the apple sauce is helpful
for hydration with some extra water.
The herptivite can be given 1, maybe 2 times per week max. It has some calcium in it
& it has beta carotene too so it wont become toxic.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom