Scarily relaxed beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.
So about 4 days ago I got my first bearded dragon, Odin. I don't know exactly how old he is, but I think it's around 2 months. So I expected him to be really stressed and I'd have to leave him for a few days, but no. He instantly climbs in to his enclosure, starts basking, I leave him for an hour and he's right at the glass begging to be let out. Once I take him out, he literally just falls asleep in my hand. 4 days in and I decide to give him a bath, and he sits there very calmly for 10 minutes before going to get dried in the towel, all with no fuss. He's only shown stress marks once after the lights went out on day 1. Am I just incredibly lucky to get a beardie this friendly, or are they all like this?
101482-2257289733.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It sounds like your guy just has a pretty mellow personality from the start =). They aren't all like that, they are unique.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Enjoy your new little spikey snuggler.

My Peppa has always adored being on her people for petting/adoring and snuggles and promptly goes to sleep on us within minutes of being placed on a lap, tummy or chest.

Puff at that age was one who loved snuggles too, but would soon be awake and wanting to climb ontop my head.
Rex at that age had the urge to climb off and go exploring but would soon settle in for a snuggle.
Toothless at that age was a livewire, if he sat still for 2 minutes we regarded ourselves as lucky , but even he became laidback and enjoyed snuggles from about 9 months old.

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
Tampico is a pretty mellow girl too. Has been since day one. She does love chest snuggles though and does fall asleep in my hair when she's on my shoulder. Your little guy seems perfectly normal to me ?

Michayes

My new baby, Khaleesi, is super chill too! I think she’s only about 6-7 weeks old and just hangs out with me and doesn’t mind her bath. Hope she stays this way! Funny to watch her go to sleep each night...always a new, funny position that makes us laugh! ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom