6 month beardie changed behaviorr! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

leo2526

So My 6 monthish old beardie has changed behavior no longer eating anything but maybe a superworm. She has been sleeping a lot more lately as well almost like if I have to wake up her up and move her myself. No longer wants greens or crickets so switched to dubias which she liked a lot for a couple days now no longer seems interested either. Today in the morning i left for work at 9 so I left veggies and turned on all her lights figuring she’ll bask on her own. I just got home 8:30 PM and she was still under her rock in the same spot she was when i left this morning, she didn’t touch her greens. So im worried now she still seems alert and in good shape no black beard. What could be the issue? 40 gallon breader tank with hammock and 2 rocks plus her bowls and slate tile. Please any help & advice would be great.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It's hard to tell by the picture, but is the tube bulb on top of the screen?
Which brand is it?
If you have pictures of your dragon, you can post them so we can see his physical condition.
What are the temperatures in the tank?
They can go through slow down phases though, & can do this at 5-6 months of age. Does she
seem to be holding her weight well?

Tracie

leo2526

Original Poster
Drache613":1w4bt7f4 said:
Hello,

It's hard to tell by the picture, but is the tube bulb on top of the screen?
Which brand is it?
If you have pictures of your dragon, you can post them so we can see his physical condition.
What are the temperatures in the tank?
They can go through slow down phases though, & can do this at 5-6 months of age. Does she
seem to be holding her weight well?

Tracie

Yes I have 2 uvb bulbs one that i had originally from the zoo-med dual setup & the tube i recently bought when i got the tank. Temps are generally good on her basking spot one part can go a little over 110 but she basks in it on her usually all the time. Here is a picture of her currently sleeping. Weight wise she seems good not one way or the other so i say good.
102745-4953015018.jpg

leo2526

Original Poster
Good news she woke up with more energy and actually ate 10-15 roaches and seems to be enjoying her basking spot
102745-5376660479.jpg
102745-326415916.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom