Right size for age?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I read a lot about sizes of Beardies and Fil is just at four months and he’s at 15” long, and I have not been able to weight him because I don’t have a scale at my house. But he is very hefty and a thick handful.

Any thoughts?
101732-3021348654.jpg
101732-7224785979.jpg
101732-1250856896.jpg

*Following*
We have a baby beardie and we have no clue how old he is either.
That expression on Fil's face - Seems like a sweetheart. :)

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
The only chart I found when hunting for this myself was this:

Length (Inches)Age (Months)
3-4 in.0-1 months
5-9 in.2 months
8-11 in.3 months
9-12 in.4 months
11-16 in.5 months
11-18 in.6 months
13-20 in.8 months
16-22 in.12 months

I’m not sure how much truth is in it as my boy was 9months when I adopted him and he was only 11” and now he’s coming up 12 months and only 15” now. But he is very small for a beardie apparently. This is likely due to care before I got him

Source: http://www.thebeardeddragon.org/bearded-dragon.php

Itszackbreh

Original Poster
I guess they are all different. Maybe I just feed him too much. When he eats BSFL he’ll eat a good 100-120 a day. And Dubias are his main he will eat about 70-90 1/2” a day and he is pretty good about eating his greens, he’s fed endive and collards for his greens and he loves shaved butternut squash and sweet potato.
Maybe he’s just destined to be a fat beardie O_O

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
They definetly are all different for sure!
Marlow eats anything and everything - his salad is huge everyday and greatly varied but he is small. He loves all veges - squash, pumpkin , sweet potato , rocket, watercress, kale, all the herbs they are allowed, carrot, beans, peppers, peas, radish - you name it he loves it!
Yet he’s the same size as your 4month old lol!
101427-9469952648.jpg

Itszackbreh

Original Poster
He’s a handsome fella for sure!
Do you know a chart where I can see which herbs are not ok for them to eat?

Itszachbreh - Haha! Yeah ours took several weeks to get comfortable with us.

Marlowandme - Thanks for the guide. I saw that too and based solely on that I guess Goldfish is 3 months given he is 8” long from nose tip to tail end.

102185-3701697565.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom