How do I tell when bearded dragon is fully grown

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I first got my bearded dragon he was about 6-7 inches long and in a 20 gallon breeder. It has been about a little over 3 months since I’ve got him and he is now about 16-17 inches long. I just put him into a 40 gallon breeder, and when I spoke with multiple people from the pet store they seem shocked he is growing so fast and is now so big and all think he is going to be very big. I read they are done growing after 18 months usually and from what I was told he is about 5 or 6 months old which I thought is normal size and he just started shedding again. He is perfectly happy and healthy still has never turned black from stress or had any health issues and eats about 20-30 large crickets a day and also fruits and vegetables daily. I was just curious how much bigger I should expect him to get and if the cage with not allow him to get full size.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it would be best to start saving or looking for a larger tank. Craigslist is a good place to look or get a custom made one if you can't get anything over 50 gallons at the pet store.

He does have a great growth rate and can continue to grow [ sometimes ] for up to 2 years. Of course after 14-15 months it will slow way down. :)

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Chart his / her body mass weekly over a period of a several months , you'll soon see if he/she has stopped growing , the graph will flatten out.

Full grown mature will be about 2 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom