Here's Helmut!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
Hi all,

This little guy was a rescue from what the previous owners told me. Bad conditions, poor food, little love or care; the sad usual. They're not sure how old he is, but they did right by him and got him to the point where they felt he could go to a loving home... which he now has! He joins our other dragon Otto (whom some of you have already met :D), though we're going to wait a while until he's settled & has been to the vet before seeing if they will get along. Ot's around a year and a half, so we're going to be extra careful because of their size difference.

Given his past, I don't know if size is a good indicator, but he seems to be about 6 months old based on Otto's size and behavior at that age. He's a little shy around us, but energetic and curious. He eats his greens (!) and lets us handle him without BB-ing or running away, so it won't be long until he's snuggling and giving us that "where are my dubias?" look I'm thinking. Oh, wait, there it is...

100140-4491323922.jpg
100140-6762941493.jpg
100140-1055638101.jpg
100140-9694951050.jpg

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
Two dragons should never be housed together- no matter what gender. Two boys especially will be very territorial and you’ll either get one being bullied and getting very sick from stress, being blocked from the uvb by the dominant one, less food than the other - or worse- missing limbs or death.
Male dragons are very territorial and infact it can be extremely stressful to even see each other while in their own vivs. It’s best to avoid all contact between the two, block all vision to each other by stacking their vivs and handling them seperatly and away from sight from each other

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
Original Poster
MarlowAndMe":ykmttebk said:
Two dragons should never be housed together- no matter what gender. Two boys especially will be very territorial and you’ll either get one being bullied and getting very sick from stress, being blocked from the uvb by the dominant one, less food than the other - or worse- missing limbs or death.
Male dragons are very territorial and infact it can be extremely stressful to even see each other while in their own vivs. It’s best to avoid all contact between the two, block all vision to each other by stacking their vivs and handling them seperatly and away from sight from each other

They’re definitely not housed together and their vivs are nowhere near one another or line of sight. The only time they would be exposed to one another would be from across the couch if my wife & I are watching tv, but we’d make sure that they are corralled if they looked to start doing more than posturing. It’d be nice if they got along, but as you say, they’re more likely to be territorial. We take them out at night when they are drowsy, and so far have kept them out of sight of one another. Any introductions would be gradual and tightly controlled. We have no interest in causing injury or stress to our dragons, and will not try to force them if it looks like they won’t get along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom