Hello, new pet Beardie, but we may rename him bites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ann404

102705-776872230.jpg
Hello to everyone on this fourm. I hope to come here offen for lots of help, and just to browse all the topics already posted here.
We got Beardie from Petsmart before Christmas. He was the biggest in the cage, but they said he was no more then 2 months old. We mostly got him for my son. But since hes only 8, I take full care of beardie, along with our 12 year old dog, one parakeet, and a few fish tanks. My husband built the 48" by 18"enclosure, but we already see mistakes, and may rebuild later. Beardie eats well, too well. Im struggling to keep enough crickets and dubia roaches around. He still hates to be held, unless you have food. He opens his mouth and acts like he will bite, unless you have an offering. We hold him for 20ish minutes twice a day. He gets a bath every other day. Which he hates unless you toss some crickets in the water with him. If any replies, I'd be happy to post pics. Thanks.

Welcome! I like seeing pics of everyone's dragon so please do share. :)
I also got out beardie at the same pet store and he was also the biggest one, but I have no clue how old he (going with that for now) is. They sold us the Bearded Dragon Kit, which had all of the wrong important pieces included, like the lights, sand, etc. Ugh. I was glad to find this site ... I've learned so much already and know that we are taking much better care of our little guy. Within a day of giving him proper UVB, his appetite doubled and he just seems happier overall.
Congrats on your new buddy and hopefully you become closer soon. It took our guy several days before he was completely comfortable with us, so don't lose hope. You might not have to name him Bites. HAHA!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'd give him more time to settle in if he still doesn't like being handled. That's OK. Baths aren't worth the stress either. Some like baths others don't. I'd hold off on them unless he is really soiled and needs cleaning. If you'd like to post photos of him and your setup, I'd love to see them. You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them to your thread using the XIMG button when you reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom