Sniffling during bath?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrRhoam

hello! I've had. Rhoam for about 11 months now, and she is about a 12 months old. I believe she is going into brumation soon, and I gave her a bath today to help her bowels as she hasnt been basking, and she was sniffling a little bit, which had me concerned. i frequently visit this forum page, and I have kept up with the lighting/general housing recommendations I frequently see on many discussions. any advice would be greatly appreciated

sniffling? this is concerning. i am by any means NO expert but for me personally this isnt somthing i would take lightly at all.. right away it makes my mind go to two different places. AND this is not a diagnosis just right where my mind goes if i was in your shoes

1. she could have inhailed water from the bath and shes trying to get it out
2. id be worried about a respitory infection.. it would explain the not eating or basking part as well. have you tried listening to her breathing? ive read theirs often a popping noise or even bubbles that come out of there noses.

keep a close eye on her, and if shes still doing this sniffling i would strongly suggest you get an appointment with an exotic vet because worse comes to worse and it is a respitory infection she needs QUICK care.
and try your best to do your research about the vet before you go.. i myself just had to pay an exotic vet a visit for my baby boy and although doc was labeled an exotic vet.... he sucked and wracked up a huge probably unnecessary bill and we still have no diagnosis just something it could be .

best of luck!

MrRhoam

Original Poster
She has been eating anything i offer her with great excitement, i mostly just believe she has been going into brumation because she's been resting in her sleeping spots more often than basking, and pooping less frequently. Her nostrils are both in good shape and her head never went beneath the water during her bath. She stopped sniffling after the bath and has no breathing issues aside from what that sniffling during her bath may have been. As i looked further into it, it is possible that the water may have been slightly too warm but I do try to keep it at a safe warmth. Shes been basking all day today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom