What colour is your beardie? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
Hikari":vb49a8vm said:
I could go gender neutral, but I already kinda have a few names I'd like to name it that aren't. I'm patient, and it's not like a dog that needs one so it can learn it. Two of my snakes don't have names yet either, and my ball python took me like three months to name. They'll all get one eventually. They all at least have some nicknames in the meantime.

Yep no rush :) I’m always like I have to name them the day they come home haha!
Marlow was going to be jasper after the desert mineral but we weren’t sure on gender so decided to come up with a gender neutral name instead. My wife loves Marlow and I wasn’t keen at all - but when I found out it was a Australian suburb name I changed my mind as I wanted the Aussie link. I love it now though. We will follow the naming after Australian suburbs for any future dragons too :)

Deabrua

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Dezzy is 5yo 18" F, Percy is 8yo 19" M
My Dezzy still gets demoted to being called lizard when she's getting into trouble :D
101824-8295985004.jpg
She's a regular but she's getting orange in her face now

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Hikari":156ldf1p said:
This is my little one. Doesn't have a name yet. Still waiting to find out if it's male or female. I call it 'tiny lizard' in the meantime (although with as fast as it's growing, it'll just be 'lizard' soon :lol: )

dragon.png

It's a hypo trans leatherback, and it was the brightest colored beardie in the shop. I really love the oranges. They actually are a little bit brighter IRL than this pic shows.
He/she is a gorgeous little Beardie! :) very nice coloring, If you post a pic of its tail arched up at an around 90* angle we could try and see if it's male or female, once you get the hang of knowing what to look for it's really easy to tell their genders.

Also, For names Wise you could check out these names:

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=96646

Hikari

HippieLizards":2qzhh4qk said:
He/she is a gorgeous little Beardie! :) very nice coloring, If you post a pic of its tail arched up at an around 90* angle we could try and see if it's male or female, once you get the hang of knowing what to look for it's really easy to tell their genders.

Thank you!

I'll take you up on that offer too. Not the most glamorous view, but here you go. :p

beardie6.jpg

Is my dragon big enough to tell for sure? It's 10 1/2 inches long from snout to tail at the moment (thankfully, mine was sleeping when I was doing all this, so it was easy to measure. I swear, mine can sleep through almost anything once it's cuddled in fleece after bedtime. :lol: )

KevinsMom33":2qzhh4qk said:
Oh my what a gorgeous creature!! I love the look you are getting from her/him!!

Thanks! Yeah, didn't seem too thrilled to be getting its picture taken. Like...how dare I interrupt basking time by hovering the weird rectangle at it? :p

Hikari

Deabrua":2mkjgqay said:
My Dezzy still gets demoted to being called lizard when she's getting into trouble :D
101824-8295985004.jpg

She's like "how dare you call me lizard, hooman" :lol:

Some of the normals have some really interesting patterning, I'm noticing. If I hadn't knee-jerked "omg orange!" when buying mine, I probably wouldn't have minded having a normal with an interesting pattern (definitely would have been cheaper, at least, lol)

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hikari":1ezlsw4f said:
HippieLizards":1ezlsw4f said:

beardie6.jpg
looking like a girl :) name: Lizzie? Victoria? Ozzy? Sydney? :)

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
Hikari":2qkaarmc said:
HippieLizards":2qkaarmc said:

Thank you!

I'll take you up on that offer too. Not the most glamorous view, but here you go. :p

beardie6.jpg

Is my dragon big enough to tell for sure? It's 10 1/2 inches long from snout to tail at the moment (thankfully, mine was sleeping when I was doing all this, so it was easy to measure. I swear, mine can sleep through almost anything once it's cuddled in fleece after bedtime. :lol: )

KevinsMom33":2qkaarmc said:

Thanks! Yeah, didn't seem too thrilled to be getting its picture taken. Like...how dare I interrupt basking time by hovering the weird rectangle at it? :p

I say girl too

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
Hikari":87v04wn9 said:
Deabrua":87v04wn9 said:
101824-8295985004.jpg

She's like "how dare you call me lizard, hooman" :lol:

Some of the normals have some really interesting patterning, I'm noticing. If I hadn't knee-jerked "omg orange!" when buying mine, I probably wouldn't have minded having a normal with an interesting pattern (definitely would have been cheaper, at least, lol)

Mines a normal. only thing ‘special’ is he is citrus which isn’t really special anywhere but over here in nz where we have no morphs at all and only 2 breeders of citrus so barely any citrus around.
But his pattern is awesome I reckon
101427-4519466441.jpg
101427-1801135759.jpg

Hikari

SG1":2scipbs9 said:
This is Flame, our youngest beardie and is a Cherry Red:-

atvb

SG1

Flame is very pretty. Gonna be interesting to see them as an adult.

JIMMIA":2scipbs9 said:
Hikari":2scipbs9 said:
HippieLizards":2scipbs9 said:

beardie6.jpg
looking like a girl :) name: Lizzie? Victoria? Ozzy? Sydney? :)
MarlowAndMe":2scipbs9 said:
I say girl too

Thanks for helping me out with that! Girl, huh? Well, that narrows the potential name list considerably (most of the ones I was considering were for a male).

I'm thinking Citrine might be a cute name. I like gemstones, and she's the color of one.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Hikari":2fftqhdi said:
HippieLizards":2fftqhdi said:

Thank you!

beardie6.jpg

KevinsMom33":2fftqhdi said:

Congratulations!

It's a....

Baby....

GIRL!! ? lol you have got yourself a female Beardie. :)

Here's some name Suggestions (both regular and Movie names):

Scarlet, Ash, Lily, Hermione (Harry Potter), Cisco (The flash, not exactly a girl name but I had a female dragon named Cisco), and Caitlin (The flash).

Female Marvel names:

Storm, Mystique, Nebula, Gamora, Phoenix, Rogue, Valkyrie, Psylocke, Elektra, Moonstar, Moondragon, Reptilla, Hela, and Shuri.

Good luck on names and such! :D

Deabrua

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Dezzy is 5yo 18" F, Percy is 8yo 19" M
First off, as someone who isn't a marvel fan (nothing against it, just not a huge fan lol) I am slightly embarrassed by how many of those I recognize.

Secondly, even after having a normal that didnt cost much of anything ($35), I still want to go after a red for my second beardy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom