Is this yellow fungus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My girl is acting off because she is trying to go into brumation, so I am already very nervous. Today I read something on yellow fungus and while I do not think she has it, I wanted to ask opinions of some of you who might know what it actually looks like.
Roxy says Thank You;)
98215-9538923697.jpg
98215-7440958977.jpg
98215-2482906.jpg

RockyTurner

Original Poster
Thank you. I uploaded some pics. No, there are no unusual dark spots. She has had gout since she was a baby, and has always shed very differently than my other dragon. She sheds more rarely in patches instead of flakes. She is also behaving strangely regarding brumation. She just turned 1 and this is the first time that she has not been interested in food and wants to be under her heat lamp instead of basking light. She wants to sleep when we snuggle, but continues to come out from her hide every morning. She does not seem dull or depressed... just has me super worried. I had Mercury bulbs tested about a month ago, as well as a fecal exam performed by my exotic vet.
Add the Alpurinal that I have to give her everyday for the gout and I am super flustered? but I love this darn lizard❤️

RockyTurner

Original Poster
AHBD.... now I have to say oops!!! I didn’t see your final thought at the bottom. THANK GOD! Thank you so much. If you have any info or thoughts on medicating a gout beardie with Alpurinal while brumating, please share. This is even new ground for my exotic vet?

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
It's great that this isn't YF! Because I'm a nerd at heart, I went looking around today about the subject because it doesn't sound like prognoses are very good for dragons who do get it from the posts I've read. I found something interesting at the link below. I have no idea where one gets it, but it sounds like Voriconazole might be a promising treatment regimen. It took a long time for the treatment to work, but the outcomes seemed hopeful vs. the other treatment listed.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20370369

RockyTurner

Original Poster
Aradimian, thank you so much for caring. I guess the researching/having to try to know thing makes me a nerd too?
Hopefully anyone checking this site, can get help from the info you found. Since you like to research, I have to ask if you saw the last post where I asked for information on giving a beardie with gout Alpurinal while off food during brumation.... tough one.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yeah, I'm thinking that's all just unshed skin + natural color . Is that how she always looks underneath ? I see just a wee touch of yellow under the left hind leg joint area and a tiny spot under her vent but again, if that's her normal color then I wouldn't worry. If those colors are new or if they spread it might be something to watch.

As for treating gout with Allopurinil, one of the mods. here who's username is Drache613 is an expert on that. You can p.m. her for advice.

RockyTurner

Original Poster
AHBD, thank you, I will message her.
I have an apt with my exotic vet on Tuesday. I am still super anxious because again today, like everyday, Roxy came out, crawled up on her heat lamp rock and refused to eat. She is showing some brumation symptoms, but doesn’t want to hide away and sleep, just chill/dose on her rock. I have researched this to death and since brumation is not the same in all dragons.... it is super frustrating.
Thank you so much for your help.

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
RockyTurner":3m37u2b1 said:
Aradimian, thank you so much for caring. I guess the researching/having to try to know thing makes me a nerd too?
Hopefully anyone checking this site, can get help from the info you found. Since you like to research, I have to ask if you saw the last post where I asked for information on giving a beardie with gout Alpurinal while off food during brumation.... tough one.

I didn't see the other post, but agree with AHBD that moderator Tracie is the person to go to for the hard ones. I'm just a dragon newbie who likes to haunt the site and soak up info! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom