Hydrating while on albon for coccidia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brittneesmile

Hatchling Member
So my beardie has high levels of coccidia. She is on albon. Today was her third day of the medication. She has her appetite still, she is still eating the greens she is interested in and her super worms.
She won’t drink water though. I’ve tried dropping it plainly on her nose and she just will ignore it or close her eyes. I’ve tried the apple juice in water and also plain apple juice. She does not care for any of it.
I heard that butternut squash is hydrating? I’m wondering if I can feed her butternut squash organic baby food and maybe hydrate her that way?
Im sorry if this isn’t meant for this thread. I’m just very nervous she will have issues from her medication and no water. :/ this is my first time giving her meds.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, you can definitely give some butternut squash if she just wont drink fluids. You could add a
small amount of water to it for some extra fluids that way also.
Too bad she didn't like the apple juice. You can also try cranberry, grape or black cherry juice, too.
How is she doing today?

Tracie

Brittneesmile

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Drache613":3c7r8z86 said:
Hello,

Yes, you can definitely give some butternut squash if she just wont drink fluids. You could add a
small amount of water to it for some extra fluids that way also.
Too bad she didn't like the apple juice. You can also try cranberry, grape or black cherry juice, too.
How is she doing today?

Tracie

She’s doing good, she at her worms this morning and a couple pieces of arugula. She’s still good color. I gave her a bath. She sat with me for a couple hours and then wanted to be back in her tank after I tried to feed her water lol
I’m gonna try the squash tomorrow. I also bought some soy yogurt to for the probiotic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom