SICK

Status
Not open for further replies.
my beardie threw up this morning two whole dubia roaches. Now she’s very lethargic and hardly moves. I opened her mouth to see if there was anything blocking her throat it’s clear. I tried giving her a bath to see if she would perk up a bit she wouldn’t lift her head out of the water.. I syringed her some water she drank a tiny bit:. I then put her under her basking spot and she stayed for about an hour hopped down and went into her hide.. now her room mate hasn’t left her side. Little red will be 2 in March.

I have a drop off appointment tomorrow at 9 at the exotic vet.

Someone said it’s bad to touch your beardie if your sick and I’ve been sick all week did I do this to her

Lovinonmybell

Original Poster
She dry heaved twice had a shaking fit I’m assuming seizure then her heart started beating super fast:.: shes gone

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

What caused her to throw up,were the insects too large for her?
You definitely did not get her ill no. They don't catch human illnesses. Could she have drank
too much water & had some go down the wrong way?

Are you sure she is gone? Sometimes when they are very stressed or ill, their breathing slows
way down.

Tracie

Lovinonmybell

Original Poster
shes gone :( no heart beat at all no breathing... i cried my eyes out in the bathroom for a good hour she never moved not even a smidge .. i dont think the dubia were to big for her she was about 19 inches the last time i measured her just a few weeks ago.. thats big enough to handle full dubia isnt it? she hasnt grown for the past 6 months so i figured she was done growing

i knew it sounded silly in my head that i could get her sick.. but i had to ask just in case.

she was hardly moving even when i gave her the water :( i think i was kidding myself and she was just about gone when i found her..

i dont understand.. she was completely fine yesterday.. i cuddled her just a day ago and there was no popping and she was active like always their was 0 signs she was sick. how could somthing like this even happen so quickly and so randomly i just dont understand ...my poor girl

bayoupig5

Sub-Adult Member
I am so sorry for your loss and cannot offer you any answers as to why this happened. But from very recent experience I can tell you that beardies are masters of disguise when they are sick. This year, I had one who was perfect on a Thursay and passed on Tuesday with advanced kidney disease. I had another who was fine on a Friday, developed septic arthritis on Monday. And yet another who showed very mild URI symptoms that was actually a pneumonia. It is so difficult to not blame yourself (I know), but this is not your fault. Your beardie was possibly ill for a while before any symptoms were present. This is their defense mechanism in nature (to not show illness or weakness) so they are not seen as easy targets and I can tell you they do this well. Please know that I can share the pain of your loss and all the questions surrounding it. Sincere sympathies.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
I am so sorry for your loss!!! These little creatures have a strange way of getting into your heart in a very short time. Believe me when I say this, There are several of us on here that have gone through the same thing and, it is a horrible feeling not to be able to help them.
Mine left a huge dragon sized hole in my heart back in October, though still painful to think about, it has gotten easier with time. It also helped when I got Charlie (My new dragon). Not to replace but to fill the void.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so sorry you lost her. :cry: That is so sad, it is never easy when you lose one, it feels like
your heart has been ripped out.
So sorry for your loss.

Tracie

Lovinonmybell

Original Poster
Thank you for your kind words everyone ? I’m still pretty upset and I think I’m going to be for awhile but I guess that’s to be expected.: maybe I’ll get a canvas of her to put on my wall ❤️

HerpGirl

Hatchling Member
At least she is not suffering . Your story is making me cry :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:! She was so lucky that you were her owner. I would take the other one to the vet so that one doesn't get sick to.

HerpGirl

Hatchling Member
At least she is not suffering . Your story is making me cry :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:! She was so lucky that you were her owner. I would take the other one to the vet so that one doesn't get sick to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom