Baby Beardie Tail

Status
Not open for further replies.

gigi613

Hello everyone, Im a new baby beardie owner as of 2 weeks ago to a wonderful 6 week old named Naga. Since we received her from her breeder, the very end of her tail has been dark in color and almost separated and shriveled. To take precaution I have been soaking her tail in a betadine/water solution and then applying a natural healing cream. I called the breeder to inform them that we recieved her like this but she said wait until she sheds and it should be resolved. I have a feeling it's not that simple, and if you can identify it, please please please give me some insight. :) thank you so much!

Second thing, she's been making these clicking noises when sleeping mostly and sometimes when awake, and leaves her mouth open alot, also included in pictures, please im sorry I have new mom syndrome.

101109-3451547390.jpg
101109-5943076978.jpg
101109-3883229331.jpg
101109-4234982259.jpg

she is using:
50 gallon tank
tH 50 24w reptisun uvb
a 75 watt and 100watt in a dual dome
eats crickets with calcium powder and butternut squash daily like a beast might I add (sometimes waxworms)
poops regularly and a lot
has a 12 hour sleep schedule
I bathe her usually once a day, either if she hasn't pooped yet or to wash her after a poop

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, nice to see you posting here, you'll get good help + info about your new baby. :) Naga looks very sweet, the tail is definitely not going to heal at the end, it's going to fall off . Keep track of all your messages with the breeder because whoever they are if they have seen this picture should know that it's a defect. It may not get worse but it is damaged and will not ever look like a full tail. Naga can still lead a healthy + happy life with that. If it spreads up the tail you will need veterinary intervention.

The clicking sound can be the start of a respiratory infection. Was she shipped to you ? At any rate, the breeder should be informed right away so you have proof that you did not receive a totally healthy dragon. You might overcome the R.I by making sure her temperature is about 40C or 105F in the basking spot and keeping her tank around 80 F at night. Best wishes to you + Naga !

gigi613

Original Poster
AHBD":h2kq1url said:
Hi there, nice to see you posting here, you'll get good help + info about your new baby. :) Naga looks very sweet, the tail is definitely not going to heal at the end, it's going to fall off . Keep track of all your messages with the breeder because whoever they are if they have seen this picture should know that it's a defect. It may not get worse but it is damaged and will not ever look like a full tail. Naga can still lead a healthy + happy life with that. If it spreads up the tail you will need veterinary intervention.

The clicking sound can be the start of a respiratory infection. Was she shipped to you ? At any rate, the breeder should be informed right away so you have proof that you did not receive a totally healthy dragon. You might overcome the R.I by making sure her temperature is about 40C or 105F in the basking spot and keeping her tank around 80 F at night. Best wishes to you + Naga !

Thank you so much, the temps are that level which I’m happy to hear I’m doing a good thing; and yes she was shipped to us I think it was about a 17 hour shipping period she was insulated with a heat pack under the box. We are going to call the breeder thank you for the help

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You're welcome ! And BTW, she does look healthy otherwise and the fact that she eats well is a good sign. I just wanted to point out the specific problems so that you might even get a partial refund if you were not informed of the tail injury. And again, it's not serious [ now ] and may never het worse at all but it will 100 % for sure not heal, it will either fall off or remain looking like it is. And I speak from experience having hatched + raised many beardies.

gigi613

Original Poster
AHBD":nlk4q9aq said:
You're welcome ! And BTW, she does look healthy otherwise and the fact that she eats well is a good sign. I just wanted to point out the specific problems so that you might even get a partial refund if you were not informed of the tail injury. And again, it's not serious [ now ] and may never het worse at all but it will 100 % for sure not heal, it will either fall off or remain looking like it is. And I speak from experience having hatched + raised many beardies.

Thank you for the help, it means very much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom