Status
Not open for further replies.

Buk

Original Poster
I call him Spike but not sure if he’s a he or she lol

And maybe I will try to get some non dairy soy yogurt then

Buk

Original Poster
He passed away this afternoon! Thank you for all the help and advice! I’m glad he’s at peace and not suffering no more!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Aw, poor babe. :( I was afraid that was coming. You did your best + tried really hard to help Spike, my hear goes out to you. All my condolences to you. When you're ready you'll make a great beardie owner for another dragon, start out with a larger one though.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am very sorry about your little Spike, poor little one. :cry:
You did your best, he was so small. My condolences to you & your family, it is horrible to lose
one, they are so precious.

Tracie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I was shocked to read that your dragon has passed away …. I can't understand how a broken shoulder in pet dragon can result in it dying unless there was a serious internal injury or vetinary incompetence.

Did you have a necropsy carried out to work out the cause of death ?

Buk

Original Poster
I believe it was more than a broken shoulder, I believe he was sick from the time I got him and did not catch it in time, partly my failure in not knowing what to watch for! and no did not have a necropsy done, just laid him to rest!

I will be better prepared for when I do get another one, for now I am trying to learn more about them so that I am better prepared to take care of one.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Buk":2zdeygt5 said:
I believe it was more than a broken shoulder, I believe he was sick from the time I got him and did not catch it in time, partly my failure in not knowing what to watch for! and no did not have a necropsy done, just laid him to rest! <<< there was nothing to be gained for him in doing one , so that's understandable .
Probably only worth doing if you have more than one and you need to know if it's something you need to avoid or treat for.

I will be better prepared for when I do get another one, for now I am trying to learn more about them so that I am better prepared to take care of one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom