Help he hasn't pooped in three days

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I got my bearded dragon Gavin three days ago and he hasn't pooped at all I don't know if he is stressed or he isn't eating well or what. He is active he walks around his enclosure it's a 10 gal right now, but I do have plans to upgrade to a 20 gal soon, So far I haven't been able to get the necessary greens but I have been feeding him his crickets dusted in calcium powder and I make sure he drinks water I spray twice to three times a day on him and around him. I gave him a warm bath the second day I had him to try and get him to poop. He also doesn't eat his pellet food I don't know how to get him to eat those. I also don't see any signs of sickness he looks healthy from what I can tell and what I have been reading.

KevinsMom33

Hatchling Member
Hi - can you tell us how old he is?? How big?
What kind of light set up do you have? What are the temps?
Sometimes when they come into a new home it could take a few days to get used to a new place and new people.
Imagine you’ve just moved into a new place when you were young. You’ve only had him 3 days so it’s not unusual that he doesn’t want to eat greens - how many many crickets and what size? Good for making sure he’s hydrated and getting calcium - make sure the calcium has d3 and once or twice a week dust with vitamins.
Instead of buying a 20 gallon I’d advise investing in and going up to at least a 40gal or more. He’ll need that size within a year anyway.
Attach pictures if you can.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. I would not feed pellets. Stick to live feeders. Crickets, Dubai roaches, Phoenix worms. No meal or superworms. Make sure feeders are no bigger than the space between the eyes. Is this a kit he is housed in?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Who ever sold you the pellets to feed to your little dragon is clueless. Pellets are not a good staple food for a lizard.

Use the pellets to feed the crickets or roaches or locusts , they are very good insect food (especially the dry types of pellets). If these are wet pellets , bin them.

Use live insects as indicated here viewtopic.php?f=45&t=244111&p=1859195#p1859195 to feed your hatchling.
Three feeds of live insects per day is optimal for young bearded dragons (hatchlings).

LordPotRoast

Original Poster
Sorry for the extremely late reply but literally a day later he pooped, but I read all of your replies and everything I read was super useful thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom