Broken shoulder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buk

Original Poster
Yes he took the entire feeding of it for the day of carnivore care. Gonna go to store and get some baby food to feed him later if he wants more food. I figured it was best to get them all out of the way at the same time so to not have to stress him more than I need to

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Great to hear, he's not resisting the food + meds. mixed together ! Do you have enough C. Care for a good while ? He won't need baby food if he's eating that.

Buk

Original Poster
Yes got plenty, have to take him back in 10 days for recheck anyways! So all I need to do is feed him C. Care and nothing else? He’s still not awake but he didn’t resist the food and meds. Can I mix them all together? And give all at once? Gave them all separate this morning. They only have me giving him 1.5ml c.care a day

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is excellent news he is taking the critical care so well for you then!
If you are giving critical care you don't necessarily need the baby food, unless you wanted to
mix a little bit in with it, for better flavor for him. If at all possible, try to spread out the feedings
so that he gets nutrition throughout the day.
Maybe you could get an oral calcium instead, that might be easier for you both?
Keep us posted on him.

Tracie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Tracie, the vet prescribed liquid calcium AND injections. So he's getting the oral calcium as well. But I would 100 % avoid injecting this frail , weak baby. Have you ever had a shot that didn't hurt ? And wer'e big + strong with plenty of fleshy areas and the Dr. knows how to do it. This tiny baby has very few places that are not going to be super sensitive + painful.

And Buk, give the meds. however you can, if he takes them all separately that's fine. The calcium can always be mixed with the food though but do whatever works for you.

Buk

Original Poster
Thank you for all the advice and help!

Day 2 of meds he was a little less cooperative this morning, didn’t want to open up for the oral part of things but finally did and get them into him!

Still just sleeping but I know as sick as he is, if it where me I’d be sleeping too! Added a Che to keep him warmer at night like the Vet said!

Buk

Original Poster
Buk":12jtxnsc said:
Thank you for all the advice and help!

Day 2 of meds he was a little less cooperative this morning, didn’t want to open up for the oral part of things but finally did and get them into him!

Still just sleeping but I know as sick as he is, if it where me I’d be sleeping too! Added a Che to keep him warmer at night like the Vet said!

Hasn’t really shown any improvement today! Was hoping for a tiny bit!

Buk

Original Poster
I have basically been having to force feed him, could that be hurting him? Have seen him opening his mouth at times, he is basically helpless at this point! Very sad! I am doing my best to care for him, while he can’t do for himself

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
So sorry, that's a bad sign. Have you been giving him shots ? I'm pulling for the little guy but it does not sound good, something going on here more than just calcium deficiency. Where there's like there's hope though. Does he seem to breath O.K when you feed him ? Does he just hold the food in his mouth or swallow right away ? Try offering water mixed in to thin out the C.Care a bit.

Buk

Original Poster
He does seem to breathe ok while feeding and giving meds, and yes have been giving the injections as well. He does squirm some while feeding. But eventually opens up and takes it right in, doesn’t seem to have a problem swallowing it, I kind of rub the underside of his mouth while doing it, and he moves himself around some as if he is to hot where I put him back at, but have noticed he feels cold on underside at times when he gets himself to far away from heat source. He did use the bathroom yesterday as well, looked funny though, no white that I could see,

Gave him a little Pedialyte earlier today, thinking maybe he was thirsty, had to use syringe like feeding though, wouldn’t take it otherwise

Buk

Original Poster
I have noticed a change in color over the past couple days, gotten kind of pale looking!these are photos taken the past 3 days
102514-719775516.jpg
102514-9658127045.jpg
102514-8072971278.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
They can change color for lots of reasons like not feeling well, being excited, hot or cold, going to shed, etc.

I sure wish the little guy would recupe. He does not look like he will but I hope so. I hate to go against your vet but I would never think it's O.K to prescribe harsh meds. [ Albon ] to such a tiny, sick baby, especially with no fecal test done or to give injections. The oral calcium + C. Care is all he should be getting.

Buk

Original Poster
Would it be beneficial to add a probiotic? Since he is getting a harsh med? Or is he to small?

All I can do is trust in my Vet and hope that he has the best interest of him in mind! I have accepted that he may not recover and if he does that most likely he will be a special needs dragon.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It wouldn't hurt as long as he'll take a bit of it. Just a tiny drop, there are no real dosing guidelines. Some owners have used non dairy soy yogurt. BTW, what's little dude's name ? I can't remember if it was mentioned or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom