Impaction or MBD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please help! We have the sweetest Beardie, Dave, that we got in May. He has been such a joy to our family and has been so healthy and vibrant until last Sat. My eldest daughter went to give him a bath and we noticed his hind legs were not moving. We figured impaction. After numerous warm baths, massage and a little prune, Dave pooped a solid rock. His hind legs started moving again...but now, 3 days later, his front legs are weak and not moving much. He has NOT been eating at all! We changed the UVB light but Dave has mostly been laying in his cave. We are heartbroken. Any advice/help would be kindly appreciated.

Ksieb17204

Original Poster
He is in a 20 gallon tank with basking 90-100 degrees. We JUST replaced his UV light on Sunday with a new one. It is breaking our hearts seeing him so lethargic.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Which UVB light do you have? It may not be strong enough for him. A 20g tank may be too small for him at this age as well. Try offering him water by dripping it on his nose. You can do the same with some baby food squash or sweet potato and see if you can get some soft food into him. Making sure he has adequate UVB exposure is quite important though.

Ksieb17204

Original Poster
Thank you! I will try the baby food this evening. The light is brand new and I'm not certain what my husband bought. We are in the process of upgrading his tank.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If you can get more info about the brand and wattage of UVB light as well as distance above the basking area it would be helpful. They aren't all equal so it may or may not be sufficient.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Do you have any pictures you could post for us?
Definitely review your tank setup with us, so we can check to be sure it is all correct.
Do you have an estimated age for him?
Include the foods he is fed & his supplementation also.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom