Socializing beardies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
Hi all,

For those of you with more than one dragon, do you try to get them together so that they at least tolerate one another's presence (or possibly even become friends)? I have seen plenty of pictures of multiple beardies together, but I also know you shouldn't house them together because they will fight & possibly even kill one another.

Assuming that it's even a good idea to get them socialized with each other on neutral ground (not talking in each other's vivs), how would one go about it? Is it just a matter of repeated, supervised exposure until they get over the initial dominance/submission behaviors? I'm thinking of adopting a rescue and looking ahead to a time when my wife & I will be on the couch together with our little friends. I'd like that to be as relaxing for them as for us. Thanks!

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
In my opinion it honestly depends on the dragons, All of my beardies have gotten along great. Normally when I have them out together It's close to bedtime at snuggle time. So I put them in separate blankets and they can see each other and they tolerate each other very well.

Or in the summertime when it's super hot out, I put the dragons on the floor to let them bask in the sliding glass doors to get some heat.

I also feed them together sometimes and they seem to enjoy it.

But Of Course always keep a watch on them to see how they react to each other. But my beardies all were very used to each other and Get along extremely well. Now I haven't let baby Rocket out near the others since he is much smaller than them.

Here's pics of my dragons hanging out together:

View media item 60836View media item 60687 Loki and Daisy overtook the cat bed and decided to take a nap together in it.
View media item 60565 This was when I took them to the beach for the first time, and they all snuggled together on the way back. It was cute lol.
View media item 60604View media item 60619View media item 60987
View media item 60614 Then the Daisy and Cisco pictures, I honestly think that Daisy and Cisco were best friends. They loved basking together, Eating together, Snuggling together, and Just Hanging out.
View media item 60534View media item 60785View media item 60660View media item 60814View media item 60407View media item 60914View media item 61016 Then my Favorite picture of the original three hanging out together. ?

So My dragons are very well socialized and used to each other, I would Just keep it short for the first couple times introducing each other, and Always keep an eye on them while having them together just in case something goes wrong.

Good luck! :)

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Aaradimian":5h8jfhmm said:
Thanks for the cute-fest HippieLizards!
Lol You're welcome, My dragons love Showing off Their cuteness. ? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom