Can beardies mourn their owners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BriLeigh1

So a while ago I went out of town for a week to visit my dad who lives in Colorado (I live in Alabama) and I had a friend watch me beardie because I didn’t want to stress her out by moving her somewhere new for a week then moving back. My friend is good with bearded dragons (she used to breed them) so I knew she knows what she was doing. But when I got back she was significantly skinner and my friend told me she barley ate the whole time I was gone. A lot of the time I’ll feed her by hand just as a bonding thing and she told me she would eat from her hand and barley ate at all. But when I got her back home she ate like a pig and put all the weight back on. Long story short I’m not leaving her again lol if I leave she’s coming with me but it broke my heart. Anyone else had anything like this happen?

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Yes, my dragon would do that when we went on vacation. She knew my sister and, she would eat ok for a day or two but that's all. When got home she would eat like a sharecropper, LOL!!!

Yes, the miss you when you're gone!!!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Yes - they miss their special human / carer. I know that from experience , so I have no doubt they will be emotionally influenced by the sudden absence (death) of their person , even if they don't understand what has happened.

My BTs and water skinks and dragons all missed the other pet lizards when they died and were constantly looking in their tanks/ tubs and searching for the suddenly missing lizard (friend) , for several months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom