Bearde acting weird? please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

MollyMoo98

My beardie the past 3 or so days has been running around like crazy, bobbing and bumping his head against the glass and scratching the sides ever so often. He is still eating. His poop has been very frequent and kind of runny. His tank is between 97-105 degrees. When he calms down for a bit he has been basking.
His tank is too small but I am working on a bigger one but he has been in this his whole life (6 yrs) so, I don't see why it would bother him now? (I adopted him from my sister from a sister about 8 months ago so, I am working on getting his proper stuff it has been a process.)
He has a Reptisun basking bulb and a Reptisun t10 10.0 UVB. So his lighting is just fine. We have been taking him out to let him run around a lot. He is peeling so we've been giving him baths but his usual peeling behavior is to drag himself and that is not what he has been doing. Does anyone have any ideas what's wrong with him?

Update he has pooped 4-6 times in the past 3 ish days, twice today already.

Hi! Don’t know if this is still a problem for you or not but it sounds like it’s breeding season for your beardie! Would definitely explain the bobbing etc as he’s been territorial and grumpy, it’s nothing to worry about. I had the same problem and was told captive beardies can go “into season” any time of year, I think it could be a possible reason, but it should pass soon. Hope your beardie is doing ok!

Ragnarsmom

I’m having the exact same problem with my female beardy. I mostly got worried because her beard has been black for almost 3 weeks and it’s stressing me out, it’s even slightly black when she sleeps. Has your beardy also been black bearded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom