Can’t tell me reptiles don’t have feelings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to have surgery on my hip on Nov. 15. I somehow tore the labrum and needed it to be repaired and have some bone shaved off. I wasn’t too happy about the long recovery but now I think I am enjoying myself a little too much. Anyway my spoiled girl has been so much my constant companion. She seems to know that I am not me and cuddles even more than usual. While I was recovering and on the couch she seemed to have been watching me and whenever someone took her out for me she only wanted to be on me. Now that I am moving better I have been taking her out a lot. It seems to me that now when I call her name she smiles and looks up as if to say let’s go 2 legs, open the top and bust me out. The past 2 days she started running around the cage and jumping if I don’t get her out fast enough. She started running around the cage tonight and I told my husband she wanted out. He decided to get her out and she refused. When he closed the top and left the room she started running around again so I got up and opened the cage and she just about jumped into my hands. I got lots of Beardie kisses too.

This is Biggs the day I came home from surgery. It was like she couldn’t squish herself close enough to me
97320-2971494729.jpg

This is a week or so later and she still was like Velcro. I was sitting straight up so not sure how she even found that comfortable
97320-8908623391.jpg

This was her today. I am moving and up better and it seems she is running around more and not so clingy. Caught her trying to open presents early
97320-7461955095.jpg
97320-4671651567.jpg

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Yes, I believe that they bond deeply with a person (of their choice) and, can be very loving creatures. They are AWESOME!!!!!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Lots more going on in their heads than most give them credit for , including an appreciation of their special human and wanting their attention.

I get similar behaviours from all my pet skinks and dragons.

When I had to be admitted to hospital for an infection in leg (and was there for 4 weeks) my boy Toothless refused to eat for my wife.
One day when I had her put the phone on speaker , he instantly perked up and was looking everywhere from moment he heard my voice.

Being retired, I spend a LOT of time each day with my lizards and they are great companions and all love snuggles .

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I am going to hate going back to work but I think I know someone who is going to hate it more than me. I am hoping when I go back to work she doesn’t stress out too much. I am thinking of leaving the TV on for her during the day might be a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom