His size is worrying me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skwacka

Hello, I have bearded dragon that I got on Feb 4th (11 months now) and he was the size of my pinky, he has grown to 14 1/2 inches and is 221 grams .
I’m worried about if he’s small for his age ? and want to know if I accidentally stunted his growth.
I started feeding him 100 pinheads within 3-4 days as well as kale, and strawberry’s since about 2-3 months I was giving him about 70 medium crickets every week from about 3-4 months till 10 months, bc I have been out of a job and buying them has been a hassle without transportation. I’m looking online to order a lot and keep them in a tub so I can supply him with enough food for now on. I never fed him until he stopped eating bc I couldn’t supply him with that . It makes me feel like a terrible owner but he is active and happy .

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's fine, it's a bit on the small side but he is still going to grow for another 8-10 months. Although he could have done with more protein it's not extreme at all, and the biggest dragons don't always end up the healthiest.

Can you post a few pics of him ? Here's how :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
70 crickets a week? Wow!
Most dragons at three months old eat that many in less than two days.
He may not reach full potential but he will keep growing.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I disagree, they don't need to be power fed to reach a good size or to be healthy. The goal is to have a healthy dragon and their growth rate can vary. No need to worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom