Down at the lake and

Status
Not open for further replies.

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
I was down at my local lake meditating,writing poetry because it helps my mind relax with my depression and I seen these 2 beardies, these are called EASTERN WATER BEARDED DRAGONS, they’re different to my little girl JIMMIA :)
98861-2672909699.jpg

98861-5326002217.jpg
98861-3131256234.jpg
98861-8957409765.jpg
98861-7288504331.jpg
98861-7291681096.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Wow, beautiful area and great find with those water dragons ! Being in nature is also known to be a great way to ease depression. Glad to see someone enjoying their day + encountering this beautiful + interesting wildlife !

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
thank you :) they’re crazy (not really) little things and super fast :) the one in the water was about 90cm or 2 3 foot :) I feel my little connection with lizards is coming closer with them as I understand house geckos sometimes :)
98861-868363493.jpg

I would take JIMMIA down there to but I don’t know the ph levels etc and you can’t swim in the lake as don’t know what would be in there :| but on the hindsight it’s beautiful there, I now understand difference between what I thought JIMMIA was to what I’ve seen in the wild :)

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Eastern water dragons ( Itellagama lesueurii ) are a magnificent lizard, one of my favourates, I get them visiting my garden occasionally. They share the same range as eastern water skinks , and it's common to see eastern water skinks and eastern water dragons basking on the same log or rock.

It was a toss up for me between getting hatchling eastern water dragons or hatchling central bearded dragons , the hatchling bearded dragons (Puff and Rex) were advertised first by a local breeder (who was based up near Vasy (only 90 minutes away from my place) , whereas I would have had to travel to Sydney to get a couple of hatchling captive bred eastern water dragons at the time, the beardie breeder got the sale.

Did you know that juvenile water dragons are very communal , they form a gang and hang out together.

Like water skinks , they will get very friendly and if you visit regularly and toss wormy treats (mealworms , silkworms , superworms ) to them , they will learn to trust you and it's possible to hand feed even wild water dragons. They make very good pets ,and around here , keepers often have large aviary style pit enclosures in their backyards for their adult EWDs.

For the americans , eastern water dragons are a larger dragon than central or eastern bearded dragons and they are found from SA to the tip of Cape York and love to hang out near rivers and creeks, impoundments , dams , are quite commonly found even in Sydney , Brisbane, The Gold Coast, Melbourne, and in Adelaide , Newcastle (my area) , Gosford, Woolongong and both sides of the ranges.
A full grown EWD can reach 1 metre long and can weigh up to and even over 1000g.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom