Down at the lake and

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Down at the lake and

Postby JIMMIA » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:01 pm

I was down at my local lake meditating,writing poetry because it helps my mind relax with my depression and I seen these 2 beardies, these are called EASTERN WATER BEARDED DRAGONS, they’re different to my little girl JIMMIA :) [Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
JIMMIA
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Down at the lake and

Postby AHBD » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:18 am

Wow, beautiful area and great find with those water dragons ! Being in nature is also known to be a great way to ease depression. Glad to see someone enjoying their day + encountering this beautiful + interesting wildlife !
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby JIMMIA » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:03 pm

thank you :) they’re crazy (not really) little things and super fast :) the one in the water was about 90cm or 2 3 foot :) I feel my little connection with lizards is coming closer with them as I understand house geckos sometimes :) [Click image to enlarge]

I would take JIMMIA down there to but I don’t know the ph levels etc and you can’t swim in the lake as don’t know what would be in there :| but on the hindsight it’s beautiful there, I now understand difference between what I thought JIMMIA was to what I’ve seen in the wild :)
JIMMIA
Hatchling Poster

Postby JIMMIA » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:16 pm

sorry :]
JIMMIA
Hatchling Poster

Postby kingofnobbys » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:31 pm

Eastern water dragons ( Itellagama lesueurii ) are a magnificent lizard, one of my favourates, I get them visiting my garden occasionally. They share the same range as eastern water skinks , and it's common to see eastern water skinks and eastern water dragons basking on the same log or rock.

It was a toss up for me between getting hatchling eastern water dragons or hatchling central bearded dragons , the hatchling bearded dragons (Puff and Rex) were advertised first by a local breeder (who was based up near Vasy (only 90 minutes away from my place) , whereas I would have had to travel to Sydney to get a couple of hatchling captive bred eastern water dragons at the time, the beardie breeder got the sale.

Did you know that juvenile water dragons are very communal , they form a gang and hang out together.

Like water skinks , they will get very friendly and if you visit regularly and toss wormy treats (mealworms , silkworms , superworms ) to them , they will learn to trust you and it's possible to hand feed even wild water dragons. They make very good pets ,and around here , keepers often have large aviary style pit enclosures in their backyards for their adult EWDs.

For the americans , eastern water dragons are a larger dragon than central or eastern bearded dragons and they are found from SA to the tip of Cape York and love to hang out near rivers and creeks, impoundments , dams , are quite commonly found even in Sydney , Brisbane, The Gold Coast, Melbourne, and in Adelaide , Newcastle (my area) , Gosford, Woolongong and both sides of the ranges.
A full grown EWD can reach 1 metre long and can weigh up to and even over 1000g.
CBDs: Puff (M)(RIP 10Dec2015),Rex (F)(RIP 16Mar2017),Toothless (M)(RIP 26Nov2017).Peppa (F) (born 15Nov2015).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : Lucky (M)(wild juvenile), cat attack rescue, fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.Wriggles (F)(rescued injured),thought she was a big lizard, over 8 yrs old, died in her sleep, RIP 2Feb2016). Fluffy (F) 4y old when rescued 14Nov2017 my little livewire , ubertame, thriving and very happy .
kingofnobbys
BD.org Addict

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to General Discussion