Another rescue.

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

Re: Another rescue.

Postby kingofnobbys » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:57 am

Gutzy greeted my wife and my grandson this afternoon when they were in the back yard , she came out from under the back steps (looking / hoping for some food), missus reports she's VERY FAT now …. so can't be too far from giving birth.

I am hoping now the warm sunny weather has returned , she'll find her way back inside shortly (hopefully while still pregnant so she can have her babies safely inside (even if she's not in the new bigger tub with Fluffy or in her own 120L tub (I bought a spare).
CBDs: Puff (M)(RIP 10Dec2015),Rex (F)(RIP 16Mar2017),Toothless (M)(RIP 26Nov2017).Peppa (F) (born 15Nov2015).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : Lucky (M)(wild juvenile), cat attack rescue, fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.Wriggles (F)(rescued injured),thought she was a big lizard, over 8 yrs old, died in her sleep, RIP 2Feb2016). Fluffy (F) 4y old when rescued 14Nov2017 my little livewire , ubertame, thriving and very happy .
kingofnobbys
BD.org Addict

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby kingofnobbys » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:56 am

My wife reports Cheakie & Gutsy are hanging out together under our back steps , both came out to greet her this afternoon when she rescued the washing from the Hill's hoist before the threateningly dark looking storm clouds arrived.

Gutzy is so chubby looking now (very pregnant) she may not be able to squeeze back through the cable hole I drilled over 40 years ago when I moved the TV from SW corner to the north wall of lounge when I installed a big fringe antenna on my roof (is right next to the skirting board behind the TV cabinet that I believe the skinks have using to come and go (inside and out).
CBDs: Puff (M)(RIP 10Dec2015),Rex (F)(RIP 16Mar2017),Toothless (M)(RIP 26Nov2017).Peppa (F) (born 15Nov2015).
EWSs : Lucky (M)(wild juvenile), cat attack rescue, fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.Wriggles (F)(rescued injured),thought she was a big lizard, over 8 yrs old, died in her sleep, RIP 2Feb2016). Fluffy (F) 4y old when rescued 14Nov2017 my little livewire , ubertame, thriving and very happy .
kingofnobbys
BD.org Addict

Postby kingofnobbys » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:37 am

Gutzy is still about, and is no longer pregnant , she's taken up residence under the back of my house (amongst my gardening stuff) , she comes out every day to bask and in hope of a feed of dead moths, dead crickets and mealworms and chopped up superworms .
kingofnobbys
BD.org Addict

Postby HippieLizards » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:18 am

kingofnobbys wrote:Gutzy is still about, and is no longer pregnant , she's taken up residence under the back of my house (amongst my gardening stuff) , she comes out every day to bask and in hope of a feed of dead moths, dead crickets and mealworms and chopped up superworms .

Well that's good that she hopefully had her babies and is still rather healthy looking. :)
Slave to three Beardies, one Crested gecko, a Ball Python, three Betta fish, and a Cat. (R.I.P Thor & Cisco, You two will always be in our hearts).[Click image to enlarge]
HippieLizards
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby kingofnobbys » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:52 am

Well that's good that she hopefully had her babies and is still rather healthy looking. :)

I've been chopping up 2 superworms (5 or 6 pieces) & adding the dead silkworm moths & blacksoldier flies (I squash their heads so they are alive but not likely fly / crawl away) & have been adding some mealworm pupae and left over BT and beardie salad mix and we've been giving this to Cheakie and Gutzy each day …. so they , and Cheakie's babies are well fed and not likely to go far.

I have no doubt when the extended really warm weather gets here that Gutzy and maybe Cheakie and the babies will find their way back inside again, MF I suspect Cheakie is inside as I've heard movement behind the lounge and all the rogue crickets are disappearing (I often loose one or two when feeding the pet lizards).
kingofnobbys
BD.org Addict

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby kingofnobbys » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:25 pm

Other skink who I thought might be Gutzy earlier this month but never got a good side close up of is another female who is in residence .

She's enjoying a feasting on dead silkworm moths and disable mealworm beetles (heads squashed) and a couple of medium silkworms (that died overnight ( drowned when large silkworms started to make cocoons …. it happens ).
kingofnobbys
BD.org Addict

Postby kingofnobbys » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:48 pm

Wife tells me Gutzy (our resident very pregnant water skink looks even bigger , reckons she looks almost like she's going to burst if she doesn't give birth soon …. and she's mega hungry …. literally mugged her for the mealworms this afternoon when she took the little tub of worms out to give her some , she's also doing well with freshly dead moths and a couple of dead medium silkworms.

Fluffy has been really active, especially when our deliveries were being sorted and our son was sitting on kitchen chair talking to us about his plans for over Xmas .

Cheakie ( the male water skink) is back inside , wife spotted him on top the lounge this morning when she got up for brekky and to check on Peppa , and he was back ther when my son arrived (made himself scarce when the son let himself in the front door and dumped a big shopping bag full of presents on the lounge (for the grandson) , and I've been hearing movement behind the corner module and the two west end lounge seats and the is evidence he's caught and eaten a big roach ( a few legs and wings left on the kitchen floor ).
I'm guessing Cheakie will be keeping a low profile from now on - he's not a fan of my rambunctious noisy grandson who will be hear from Friday til Xmas eve.
kingofnobbys
BD.org Addict

Postby kingofnobbys » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:20 pm

My wife was greeted by a baby water skink basking on the front concrete steps when she arrived home with the grocery shopping bags this afternoon.

Very shy and hid when she got closer. I'm guessing one of Gutzy's babies.
Last edited by kingofnobbys on Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kingofnobbys
BD.org Addict

Postby SHBailey » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:43 pm

I was wondering where the babies were, since she had apparently given birth. Nice to find out that they're around. :)

Love the photos. They're beautiful little critters. :love10:
SHBailey
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby kingofnobbys » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:28 pm

SHBailey wrote:I was wondering where the babies were, since she had apparently given birth. Nice to find out that they're around. :)

Love the photos. They're beautiful little critters. :love10:

I think one or two are actually living / visiting regularly inside our house , as I regularly hear movement behind the fax-phone-ansg machine combo (sits on the corner table top module and is warm behind it) and behind the lounge and sometimes catch a glimpse of one peaking out from under the lounge or from behind the lounge + Peppa has been wanting to get on the floor more lately and the BTs have been obsessing about the gap between the wall and the lounge + the crickets that get away from me are disappearing never to be seen again .
kingofnobbys
BD.org Addict

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Previous

Return to Health