Vinyl (linoleum) flooring , stain? Easy to clean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
Upgrading Marlow’s viv to a 48”x 24” x 24”
I’m just deciding on substrate... I have AstroTurf in the current viv but I want something easier to clean - more a “just wipe up the mess and not have to take flooring out of tank” type thing
So for that I’m left with tile or non adhesive vinyl

Vinyl is cheaper here, easy to cut to size myself , and will have no edges all through viv for poop to go between unlike tile would

But.. I’d really appreciate insight from others that have used vinyl
does dragon poop stain the vinyl?
Those that use vinyl , are you glad you did? If you’re not happy with it , what are your reasons for that?

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
I use to have the reptile carpet, 2 of them. I got tired of constantly washing them. I switched to the non adhesive shelf liner. It’s cheap, easy to clean & bugs can’t hide under it. My Beardie won’t poop in his tank, he has his spot in the kitchen on the linoleum floor, which is white. Have not had any staining. The linoleum floor is slippery as he walks through the kitchen.
83443-5203585140.jpg

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks :) I contemplated tile but Lino is easier when I don’t have tools and lighter ... plus with tile I don’t like that poop could get between them and make clean up harder so I would want to grout and seal them - but then I can’t change my mind later

If I go Lino I’d have rocks and slabs of slate etc down for him in walk on anyway still as I have now , it’s mainly just by his sliding door he poops there so it would be easier if he does that on Lino I think

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I thought I would update this for any future readers looking to Lino their enclosures - best thing I could have done!
Just make sure it’s the roll you cut to size yourself with a craft knife - not the self adhesive as the glue isn’t safe. It’s so neat , easy to wipe away any poop or food spills ,no gaps for poop to go down unlike tile, looks really nice in my opinion and it doesn’t mark from their poop either.
100% happy with it
101427-7063989928.jpg

Birdie

This looks so great! I’m thinking of switching out the reptile carpet because it’s hard to spot clean. After only four days there’s a slight reptilian smell to the room our tank is in. Thinking maybe the carpet is contributing! Thanks for posting these pics!

MarlowAndMe":690w1vau said:
I thought I would update this for any future readers looking to Lino their enclosures - best thing I could have done!
Just make sure it’s the roll you cut to size yourself with a craft knife - not the self adhesive as the glue isn’t safe. It’s so neat , easy to wipe away any poop or food spills ,no gaps for poop to go down unlike tile, looks really nice in my opinion and it doesn’t mark from their poop either.
100% happy with it
101427-7063989928.jpg

Which brand of non-adhesive shelf liner did you buy?

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
Original Poster
It’s just the type you buy on a roll - like you would buy to put on a bathroom floor or kitchen floor
I’m in a different country so I don’t know if yours has brands but over here you just buy it at hardware stores

Terry15":1rv3x6yw said:
I use to have the reptile carpet, 2 of them. I got tired of constantly washing them. I switched to the non adhesive shelf liner. It’s cheap, easy to clean & bugs can’t hide under it. My Beardie won’t poop in his tank, he has his spot in the kitchen on the linoleum floor, which is white. Have not had any staining. The linoleum floor is slippery as he walks through the kitchen.
83443-5203585140.jpg

Which brand of non adhesive shelf liner did you buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom