Doing a weird stretch/strain thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve1878

Hatchling Member
Hi this has only happened twice but it's scared me half to death both times... a few months ago my nearly 2 year old girl was having a bath she drank a lot of water which was really unlike her and then she suddenly started lurching forward full stretched mouth open tongue out. She looked in pain as if straining she did it 3 times in quick succession and black bearded. I started stroking her and talking to her and she seemed to calm down. She didn't spread her legs as if she was trying to poop which was my first thought as she's far from regular I often worry about impaction. Anyway she calmed down and I put her to bed seemingly fine. Today she's eaten a few locusts and kept scurrying round her viv so I let her out. She ran around a bit outside happily but then did the same straining black beard thing it looks painful if she was human I'd think she was wretching. Anyway again I stroked her back and she calmed down and is now fast asleep on me seemingly no harm done. Has anyone seen their beardie do this before? The 2 incidents seem completely unrelated other than she was out of her viv both times. Thanks in advance

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Steve, it sounds like she just got too much water at once and her reflex was to retch like that. How is she doing since ?

Steve1878

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":w1i4s30z said:
Hi Steve, it sounds like she just got too much water at once and her reflex was to retch like that. How is she doing since ?

She's doing ok but the second time she did it she didn't have any water. Maybe the locust just didn't go down right. Poor thing. I didn't know beardies could retch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom