Down at the lake and

Status
Not open for further replies.

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
I was down at my local lake meditating,writing poetry because it helps my mind relax with my depression and I seen these 2 beardies, these are called EASTERN WATER BEARDED DRAGONS, they’re different to my little girl JIMMIA :)
98861-2672909699.jpg

98861-5326002217.jpg
98861-3131256234.jpg
98861-8957409765.jpg
98861-7288504331.jpg
98861-7291681096.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Wow, beautiful area and great find with those water dragons ! Being in nature is also known to be a great way to ease depression. Glad to see someone enjoying their day + encountering this beautiful + interesting wildlife !

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
thank you :) they’re crazy (not really) little things and super fast :) the one in the water was about 90cm or 2 3 foot :) I feel my little connection with lizards is coming closer with them as I understand house geckos sometimes :)
98861-868363493.jpg

I would take JIMMIA down there to but I don’t know the ph levels etc and you can’t swim in the lake as don’t know what would be in there :| but on the hindsight it’s beautiful there, I now understand difference between what I thought JIMMIA was to what I’ve seen in the wild :)

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Eastern water dragons ( Itellagama lesueurii ) are a magnificent lizard, one of my favourates, I get them visiting my garden occasionally. They share the same range as eastern water skinks , and it's common to see eastern water skinks and eastern water dragons basking on the same log or rock.

It was a toss up for me between getting hatchling eastern water dragons or hatchling central bearded dragons , the hatchling bearded dragons (Puff and Rex) were advertised first by a local breeder (who was based up near Vasy (only 90 minutes away from my place) , whereas I would have had to travel to Sydney to get a couple of hatchling captive bred eastern water dragons at the time, the beardie breeder got the sale.

Did you know that juvenile water dragons are very communal , they form a gang and hang out together.

Like water skinks , they will get very friendly and if you visit regularly and toss wormy treats (mealworms , silkworms , superworms ) to them , they will learn to trust you and it's possible to hand feed even wild water dragons. They make very good pets ,and around here , keepers often have large aviary style pit enclosures in their backyards for their adult EWDs.

For the americans , eastern water dragons are a larger dragon than central or eastern bearded dragons and they are found from SA to the tip of Cape York and love to hang out near rivers and creeks, impoundments , dams , are quite commonly found even in Sydney , Brisbane, The Gold Coast, Melbourne, and in Adelaide , Newcastle (my area) , Gosford, Woolongong and both sides of the ranges.
A full grown EWD can reach 1 metre long and can weigh up to and even over 1000g.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom