Has anyone used the Probugs brand before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shidohari

Hatchling Member
I just bought the probugs Eco Fresh Dubia Roaches (remember at my condo I can't keep live dubias) and BSFL because it's getting too cold to ship LIVE BSFL to my area. My supplier ABDRAGONS is actually in northern or central Ohio as well. Has anyone used these? Here's the vendor's link for their product which i get through ABDRAGONS.

http://www.probugsfeeds.com/

I'd like some insight on what you think if so.

Thanks.

Lilo12

I dont have much experience with these but I have tried a packet (5 roaches) of these before, a local reptile store just started selling them. At first my dragon was unsure but when she figured out it was food, she loved them! I live in florida so this is the only way i can get roaches. Dubias are illegal here and discoids are never in stock.

I found them very convienent to store, allows me to feed my dragon roaches, they supposedly keep their nutritional value, and she loved them! Im going to buy more to add in her food rotation for some variety.

Shidohari

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you I'm glad to hear that. I normally do Live BSFL from my supplier during the warmer months but due to the season change probably at least til Feb or march i might switch to these to go with my collard greens.

Shidohari

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Kohaku loves both the Roaches and the BSFL out of these and has had no problem converting. there were way more BSFL in the pack than i thought there would be. I can get two servings out of each pack. though with the size of the dubia roaches i'm probably going to get 2.5 servings as they are full adult ones in each pack (she usually eats about two per serving).

Was really surprised how fast she went after them, even though they're the ecobugs and not live bugs. Next day or two her diet is going to be collard greens though. she's eaten so many bugs over the weekend since i got these. They also don't smell as bad as the canned crickets do that you get at petstores.

Totally recommend, especially if you're not allowed live dubia roaches in your household and have a adult dragon who wants them. Mind i said ADULT, as big as these roaches are, i wouldn't suggest feeding them to a beardie less than 12 months old. The dubias are about two inches long and about a inch wide on average in the pack. If my Kohaku had been any younger, i probably wouldn't have chanced it.

Have a great day.

Shidohari

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
so apparently Kohaku loves the Probugs brand more than the live feeders. I went to get two dubia roaches from the remaining 4 in the pack of five today. The right side of the enclosure door was open as i wouldn't be long in doing it. As i'm putting them on the plastic lid that I put her bugs on, she comes over and just sits calmly on the ledge of the enclosure where the door joint is for my exoterra large/wide and gives me the "hurry it up look".

Considering it's easier for me to portion out the bugs with as much as they have in these packets this may be a permanent switch to go along with my greens. I can get two servings of BSFL out of the packs they send as well.

That or she REALLY just loves Dubias, which I can't have Live in my condo.

Lilo12

Thats great! Im glad they are working out for you and Kohaku :) i bought a big box of the dubias and Toph goes crazy for them. I like how they come in packets too. These are alot better than the canned stuff. I tried the canned bugs once and never again lol. Im still going to get live bugs for her of course but now at least i can add dubias to her diet. I wil have to try out the BSFL and the other bugs they have as well. Thank for sharing!

Shidohari

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Also really happy to get dubias in Kohaku's diet. She's getting much bigger now, and her tail is about as thick around as it's supposed to be at her age now. For those that can't get live dubias or are legally restricted not to have them the Probugs is a great substitute for that. but again for those that have dragons younger than a year, i would not advise them as they are the FULL GROWN dubias that they send.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom