Cleaning cage during brumation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,
I was wondering: my beardy is in brumation now in his own cage, but I also think the cage needs to be cleaned. Can I remove my beardy from the cage, clean it and put him back? Or shall I wait till brumation ends?
Thanks!

Depends on how deep asleep he is I suppose.

My beardie was so deep in I could drill next to her and she just kept on sleeping, so I moved her a bit to monitor and check on her.

The other option is to clean around him best you can without disturbing him. Or gently moving him by wrapping him in a blanket, having a blanket around them can make them feel like they're burrowed and keep them asleep.

AnneSchumii

Original Poster
Thank you for your reply :) For some animal species it is really bad to wake them up during brumation/hibernation, so I just wanted to be sure. I'll make sure he stays asleep and I will be very careful in cleaning around him. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom