Is this enclosure ok? Or how should I improve it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SandiaSunset

I recently built a four feet long, by three feet wide, and two feet tall enclosure and was wondering how to improve it if need be. On the top platform of the enclosure I will have my T8 10.0 Reptisun mounted in the cage 6” above the basking spot (Just screwed in the holder screws for now), and a 100 Watt heat bulb 10” from the basking spot for the top platform on a screen. (Have a led bulb in it just for references for now to see where the light would shine in that position)

Would this setup be appropriate for a 3(?)month old bearded dragon? Or should I wait until it gets bigger? It’s about 8”right now head to tail.

The enclosure is made from an old top cabinet, with cut styrofoam for the platform and bottom with cave. They were then coated with 3 coats of stucco (including the floor) and sealed with watered down gorilla wood glue. The rocks are from outdoors, sprayed with a 1/10 bleach solution and rinsed. The wood is an old dead grape branch from my old grape bush. I baked it to kill any parasites and hitchhikers.

full

full

full

full

Xanelic

Hatchling Member
Is that sand on the bottom or is that just textured flooring?

Other than that, it's perfect for a three month old in my eyes

Xanelic

Hatchling Member
SandiaSunset":3nxq7f7e said:
It is stucco flooring. None of it is loose, I love the texture it looks just like sand! :)

Should be perfectly fine then. As long as the basking spot is 105F or 40C (babies like it a little bi hotter), everything should be fine

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I think the size is fine, as long as he is adjusting to it well. Be sure to feed him out of the tank
to avoid any insects from hiding inside of his home.
Overall, it looks very nice. Since you are planning on putting the Reptisun 10 T8 at 6 inches
away, that should be fine. Will you be placing it underneath of the screen top?
When you are done with adding the lights, post some pictures of those so we can see that
also.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom