Best Place To Buy Feeder Insects? AUS

phobosdthorga

Juvie Member
Okay, so the insects arrived one day after ordering (this is within the Sydney metro area, so other areas may differ in time) and the insects were within a zip-locked, canvas bag. Inside was an egg-crate with shredded carrot and what I assume to be dry pellets of some kind, along with hundreds upon hundreds of crickets! I thusly highly recommend Cricket King ^_^

TheBeardedSaint

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Okay thank you! I did manage to find a website on my own it is cheap and has Woodies. It's called Biosupplies I bought off them and they came in egg crates in a sack and are doing very well!

phobosdthorga

Juvie Member
TheBeardedSaint":1no0vfyu said:
Okay thank you! I did manage to find a website on my own it is cheap and has Woodies. It's called Biosupplies I bought off them and they came in egg crates in a sack and are doing very well!

Do you know if they use that gelled water at any stage in the insect's growth?

My opinion of LiveFoods is that they aren't too bad, though they are pretty damn expensive with all their handling fees. Plus they only post on Tuesdays. I think I'll start only using Cricket King and BioSupplies from now on...

TheBeardedSaint

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
No, I'm not sure whether they used Gelled Water. They are pretty cheap though got 1200 woodies for $99.94 which was a lot cheaper then what I was buying 250 for $60 (not sure how to reply still new here)

TheBeardedSaint

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
phobosdthorga":3r1ynn9v said:
TheBeardedSaint":3r1ynn9v said:

Do you know if they use that gelled water at any stage in the insect's growth?

My opinion of LiveFoods is that they aren't too bad, though they are pretty damn expensive with all their handling fees. Plus they only post on Tuesdays. I think I'll start only using Cricket King and BioSupplies from now on...

I do not know whether or not they used gelled water. I do find them a lot cheaper though used to pay around $60 for 250 bought 1200 of them for $99.94

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
I go to petbarm and get packet of about 30 small crickets for about $5, a tub of about 150 meal worms for $22 and small tub of about 60 woodies at $7 :) so with left over woodies you can put them in a small mouse cage and rebreed them, or can let them grow and they than turn into woodies eventually :) because the meal worm cycle goes ----> meal worms into woodies into crickets

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom