Will my male get bigger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My male was born last Christmas and is 16 inches long and still on the smaller body size. My female is a year or two older the same length but she has a much bigger body and thickness. Will he bulk up or is there something I can give him to get him bigger? The male is the reddish one.
96034-8661272609.jpg
Thanks.
96034-252033943.jpg

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
They both LOOK to be healthy but, in reality they both need a better basking area and, better UVB.
Basking spot temps for both of them should be between 95 and 100 degrees and the warm area under the basking spot should be between 85 and 95 degrees and, the cool end of the Viv should be between 75 and, 80 degrees. Heat is what helps them digest their food properly . This being said, I noticed that you heat and UVB are separated. UVB and basking lights should be next to or in conjunction with each other.
To address your UVB issues: Those coil type UVB bulbs are basically useless for dragons as they do not emmitt enough UVB nor are they good for them. They can cause eye irritation, eye infections and/or blindness in some cases. It is prudent to address this with a good quality UVB. We alway recommend either an Arcadia T5 12%D3 or a Reptisun 10.0T5 HO, these are the best on the market as of now for desert dwellers. It needs to run at least 1/2 the length of the enclosure {4' viv length requires at least a 2'UVB light}, these are long tube type fixture and bulbs.

Just a few tweaks here and, there and bingo you on the road to a couple of happy dragons!!!

I am not saying these things to be critical, I am just trying to help your dragons have a healthy happy life with you.

Invizimals18

Original Poster
For the temps of their basking areas they are about 98 for each lizards. Also the white light in the picture is to get the rest of the tank up to the proper temperature. Our house stays about 60 so I have to heat both sides of the tank. I have a reptisun 10 uvb 18” for there uvb lighting. So is there any other reasons hes smaller or will he fill in more body wise. Because they’re the same length she’s just much bigger in size

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom